Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
General Sens stuff.

Best part about Dzingel coming back? A player we will actually recognize being on the ice!

2nd best.... being able to say Dzin-goal again.

Alumni
Date:

Dzingel has only 14G in 96GP since he left, but he’s reasonably reliable and has speed so he’ll be an upgrade on the other two.

Alumni
Date:

here's a good listen. Sens nation podcast with Steve Warne, guest is Brent Wallace. Good discussion near the end about sens D and why Boro was let go. 

https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/b/3/8/b383bdb71e206430/sens_nation_feb_13.mp3?c_id=95795576&cs_id=95795576&expiration=1613243239&hwt=8d4ed597dafb2d1bbe5ac822f5377487

Alumni
Date:

I have no idea what dzingle is anymore. does he still score? Hope so, but you have to wonder why the canes would want those two pieces of deadwood. 

Alumni
Date:

Paquette and Galchenyuk for Ryan Dzingel. I’m happy with it as it opens a spot for someone else.

Alumni
Date:

Paquette and Galchenyuk for Ryan Dzingel. I’m happy with it as it opens a spot for someone else.

Alumni
Date:

3 Canadian teams will be in round 1 guaranteed 🤣

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I just realized this is the first time in years where the Sens are not out of a playoff spot yet.

Give it a week

Alumni
Date:

I just realized this is the first time in years where the Sens are not out of a playoff spot yet.

Alumni
Date:

Lajoie was traded to CAR for a minor league forward, but Balcers was picked up on waivers by SJS. We have Galchenyuk but lose a promising young forward? I’m not happy about that.

Alumni
Date:

Balcers and Lajoie jettisoned.

48 different players suited up for the Sens in the 2018-19 season. 15 remain in the org.

Only five played more than 30 games that season (Chabot, Tkachuk, Tierney, White, Jaros).

Alumni
Date:

Sens submit plan to allow 6,000 fans when given green light by province

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-submit-plan-to-allow-6-000-fans-when-given-green-light-by-province-of-ontario-1.1576163

NO!!!

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Would a player be able to be called up without quarantining? 

I think it would depend on how the AHL functions this year.  As it stands now it will be the Canadian farm clubs playing each other in a single division. Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton have confirmed that they will not relocate their farms for the season.

So presumably Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, and Winnipeg likely have an advantage as the AHL players don't have to meet the 14-day quarantine for international travel for callups.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Monday 28th of December 2020 12:27:53 PM

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Russell wrote:

Sens trade for Stephan. ummm, ok, whatever, Did anyone really want him?

I was thinking he would be a good target as an upgrade on Anisimov; although at more of a deal of Anisimov (@50%) for Stepan and a small add.  That would have freed up the cap for compliance in Arizona and Ottawa actually saves real money with a better C for one year.

27-29 player roster (23 on main roster with 4-6 players on the taxi squad for this year to combat the abbreviated schedule).  My best guesses:

Full 23 man roster - NHL

Tkachuk- Tierney - Dadonov

Balcers - White - C. Brown

Stuetzle - Stepan - Batherson

Paul - Paquette - A. Watson

Extra - Anisimov, Chlapik

Chabot - Zaitsev

Wolanin - J. Brown

Brannstrom - Coburn

Extra - Jaros

Murray

Hogberg

Taxi squad (waivers eligibility applies) - NHL 

Reilly, Gudbranson, Galchenyuk, Mandolese/Daccord (No ECHL)

Formenton, L. Brown, and Norris all start in the AHL and earn callups to the main roster throughout the season.  No need to have these guys camped on the taxi squad unless there is no AHL season.

Would a player be able to be called up without quarantining? 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

I was thinking he would be a good target as an upgrade on Anisimov; although at more of a deal of Anisimov (@50%) for Stepan and a small add.  That would have freed up the cap for compliance in Arizona and Ottawa actually saves real money with a better C for one year.

27-29 player roster (23 on main roster with 4-6 players on the taxi squad for this year to combat the abbreviated schedule).  My best guesses:

Full 23 man roster - NHL

Tkachuk- Tierney - Dadonov

Balcers - White - C. Brown

Stuetzle - Stepan - Batherson

Paul - Paquette - A. Watson

Extra - Anisimov, Chlapik

Chabot - Zaitsev

Wolanin - J. Brown

Brannstrom - Coburn

Extra - Jaros

Murray

Hogberg

Taxi squad (waivers eligibility applies) - NHL 

Reilly, Gudbranson, Galchenyuk, Mandolese/Daccord (No ECHL)

Formenton, L. Brown, and Norris all start in the AHL and earn callups to the main roster throughout the season.  No need to have these guys camped on the taxi squad unless there is no AHL season.

Alumni
Date:

I guess this means we won't be seeing nearly as many of the youngsters in the lineup this year. no room left anymore. 

Alumni
Date:

Sens get Coburn and Paquette and a 2nd from tampa for.......nothing. (gaborik and Nillson)

Wow.

-- Edited by Russell on Sunday 27th of December 2020 11:51:24 PM

-- Edited by Russell on Sunday 27th of December 2020 11:53:11 PM

-- Edited by Russell on Monday 28th of December 2020 12:13:55 AM

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Sens sign galchenyuk. 

meh. 

Alumni
Date:

With Tierney and Brown signing extensions it looks like the roster is filled out for next season.

Assuming:
"Kids" up: Stuetzle, Norris, Formenton, Wolanin, Batherson, Balcers, Brannstrom, Beaudin (extra)
"Kids" in AHL: L. Brown, Jaros, Chlapik
LTIR: Nilsson, Gaborik ($7.45M Cap / $1.095M Salary)
Dead Cap (Phaneuf and Ryan) - $4.9375M

Cap Total - $70.12M
Salary Total - $54.09M ($48M actual roster)

« First  <  Page 3  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.