Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

We may actually get some real NHL news this week, 24 teams playing some games before playoffs start and that leaves SJ and Ottawa out of it. Hopefully that means those 2 top picks stay as high as possible.
Did anyone watch the Bundasliga futbol matches in Germany this weekend? The play on the field looked like it always did and all the subs and everyone except the head coaches wore masks. It takes some getting used to no fans. I sure hope to heck no one else gets sick in that league and they show how it’s done to not get anyone sick. It would be nice to get some kind of sports going here in North America and would be absolutely awesome if they can do it without anyone getting sick.

Watched a NASCAR race today The fact that there were no fans wasn't that noticeable. Also watched golf but it's not the same without a bunch of drunks yelling ''get in the hole'' or ''your the man'' every time someone hits the ball.

Yeah, it must have been a lot better.  

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

We may actually get some real NHL news this week, 24 teams playing some games before playoffs start and that leaves SJ and Ottawa out of it. Hopefully that means those 2 top picks stay as high as possible.
Did anyone watch the Bundasliga futbol matches in Germany this weekend? The play on the field looked like it always did and all the subs and everyone except the head coaches wore masks. It takes some getting used to no fans. I sure hope to heck no one else gets sick in that league and they show how it’s done to not get anyone sick. It would be nice to get some kind of sports going here in North America and would be absolutely awesome if they can do it without anyone getting sick.

Watched a NASCAR race today The fact that there were no fans wasn't that noticeable. Also watched golf but it's not the same without a bunch of drunks yelling ''get in the hole'' or ''your the man'' every time someone hits the ball.

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Talking Belleville prospects and their comparables from The Athletic:
Josh Norris, high end Sean Monahan and low Tyler Bozak. He’s also been compared to Couture

Drake Batherson, compared to Reilly Smith and Rickard Rakell.

Logan Brown, high Kevin Hayes and low Joe Colborne (which would suck)

Erik Brannstrom, high Josh Morrissey and low Michael Del Zotto (yikes) not exactly Karlsson 2.0. He’s still only 20

Alex Formenton, Carl Hagelin and Michael Grabner Hmmmm...

Shane Pinto, high Sam Reinhart and YUCK Pavel Zacha (who is this?)

J Bernard-Docker, high Rasmus Andersson and low Travis Hamonic (anyone know if these 2 guys are any good?)

Lassi Thompson, high Ryan Pulock/Filip Hronek and low Mackenzie Weeger (honestly have no idea who any of these 3 are, you know Russell?)

Vitaly Abramov high Kevin Fiala/Evgenii Dadanov low Daniel Sprong

That’s it any thoughts? I’m trying to bring actual hockey talk.

Alumni
Date:

I looked at that article and I'm trying to think if there's a more lastinf player that would deserve a spot (like longtime Senator superstar). They kind of covered everyone I would think of, even in the honourable mentions. They even had Hossa and Havlat

Confident Fan
Date:

The Morning Show in Ottawa interviewed Shane Pinto this morning and he’s my new favorite player whenever he gets up to Ottawa what a great young guy.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

TSN picks Sens all time team including the old timers, some who I've never heard of. While interesting,  this results in some modern day players being left off the team. If they excluded the old timers, who would add to the team. https://www.tsn.ca/the-all-time-7-tsn-s-ottawa-senators-all-time-team-1.1473122

-- Edited by senior on Friday 8th of May 2020 12:37:59 PM

Condra!

😱 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

TSN picks Sens all time team including the old timers, some who I've never heard of. While interesting,  this results in some modern day players being left off the team. If they excluded the old timers, who would add to the team. https://www.tsn.ca/the-all-time-7-tsn-s-ottawa-senators-all-time-team-1.1473122

Condra!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I like those odds. Otherwise we'd be getting 5 and 6.. we all know it.

Thx, I like the way you think Spezz

Alumni
Date:

I like those odds. Otherwise we'd be getting 5 and 6.. we all know it.

Confident Fan
Date:

So they’d be guaranteed LaF Stutzle Byfield and Drysdale- 2 of those 4

Confident Fan
Date:

Chris Johnston reporting about a lottery proposal—Thoughts? My only gripe is as an Ottawa fan I want that overall #1 and could care less about Detroit. 1 and 3 would be nice w LaFreneire and either Drysdale and Stutzle. LaF is a winger and the German is a Center and both probably ready for NHL

If the draft lottery proposal outlined in tonight's NHL memo becomes reality:

-- Detroit would be guaranteed No. 1 or No. 2 overall
-- Ottawa could do no worse than owning No. 3 AND No. 4
-- New Jersey, Buffalo, Montreal and Chicago couldn't jump beyond No. 2/3/4/5, respectively

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

There is part of me that is fatalistic and thinks that the league will mess with the draft and the Sens will get screwed, but a larger part of me thinks the league realizes how important this draft is to the Senators organization in terms of on-ice competitive improvement but also in increased value of the team (if a sale is to occur) so it is in the league’s best interest to make sure the team doesn’t get screwed.

i hope you're right but there's a part of me that thinks the other owners are no fans of melnyk's and won't cry if he's the one that gets screwed. 

Too true, especially since the guy keeps saying and doing things that look like he's in it for the long haul. I hope to heck Kardinal is right.

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

There is part of me that is fatalistic and thinks that the league will mess with the draft and the Sens will get screwed, but a larger part of me thinks the league realizes how important this draft is to the Senators organization in terms of on-ice competitive improvement but also in increased value of the team (if a sale is to occur) so it is in the league’s best interest to make sure the team doesn’t get screwed.

i hope you're right but there's a part of me that thinks the other owners are no fans of melnyk's and won't cry if he's the one that gets screwed. 

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Here's another case where I hope I am wrong, but do any of you feel like if there's a way the Senators get screwed in this draft lottery? I can't help but feel like if there's a way for the Senators to get the short end of something it's going to happen and the NHL will just say, too bad, sucks for you but that's just the way it is.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

I was listening to an replay of a 2017 playoff game in the car tonight. I have to say even though they were so close to the finals, I never really warmed up to that team. I guess I never truly believed in them. For me, the Hamburglar run team was much more lovable than the 2017 team. What do you guys think? Which team did you like more?

Before the California sweep I wanted them to go ahead and tank, I was wrong again. 

I don't hate when you're wrong.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

I was listening to an replay of a 2017 playoff game in the car tonight. I have to say even though they were so close to the finals, I never really warmed up to that team. I guess I never truly believed in them. For me, the Hamburglar run team was much more lovable than the 2017 team. What do you guys think? Which team did you like more?

Before the California sweep I wanted them to go ahead and tank, I was wrong again. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Both were fun, but the Hamburglar team was extraordinary in what they accomplished. After beating Montreal and Florida it really ramped up on a West Coast trip where they swept California when all 3 teams were pretty good and it just took off like a rocket from there. 21-3-2 the rest of the way.  It came completely out of nowhere.  Dave Cameron I thought would coach for awhile since it was Meldink who wanted him so bad as coach and all.  

« First  <  Page 3  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.