Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
General Sens stuff.

Dropping this here out of the game thread.

Agent Orange wrote:

tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Can they just replace Brucie with Mad Money Jim Kramer to talk players' trade stock in the intermission?

AO, all over Sens Twitter the overwhelming thought is if he was settling for a 3rd that was going to always be there till late Monday. What do u think?

"Eh, taking the 3rd today isn't as bad as it's being made out to be. 

In reality the second round picks given up for Scandella and Dillon are going to be late 2nd round picks.  Winnipeg is sitting 11th overall and doesn't have a lot of wiggle room to move up the standings.  So in reality the Winnipeg pick is only 10-12 spots later than either of those 2nd rounders.

Scandella and Dillon are probably slight overpays, but have been established top 4D previously.  Demelo is really a 5-6 who plays top 4 on a bad bad team.

As to why today rather than waiting it out?  It's well known that Dorion has a very thin staff, and he's backed himself into a corner with 6000 UFAs/RFAs to address by the deadline.

He only has so much time and resources to talk trades with teams. By getting rid of Demelo now, he can focus on the bigger deals on the team.  In reality I'd rather him take a 5% discount on the Demelo deal just to get it done and not absolutely get destroyed on a panicked time crunched deal for one of our bigger fish."

One more complicating factor was probably the waiver pickup putting them at 49/50 contracts again.  Not a good spot if they need to take back a contract or two in other deals and if they want to get the Russian defenseman Zub signed and into some games this season.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Wednesday 19th of February 2020 09:31:30 AM

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I guess that's a 'we' on both fronts

Ha... one of your teams fleeced the other one!

A good trade for the Jets (my girlfriend team) and yet another bad trade for the Sens (my wife team). I can live with it. 

Alumni
Date:

Yeah I feel decently conflicted

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Ha... one of your teams fleeced the other one!

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Jets acquired DeMelo today apparently? God we need D so badly

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Here's a link to an interview Ian Mendes did with Alfie yesterday about the Philips sweater retirement.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/the-drive-hour-2-1.1443011

Ian Mendes is almost as awesome as Alfie

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Senior!!!! We’re u around and watching?

Just saw on Twitter some tweets about Warren Moon and his time in Edmonton with the Edmonton Eskimos. He only won five out of six Grey Cups what was up with that? Did he choke that 6th?

He wasn't bad.  The one year he didn't win was his rookie year and Tom Wilkinson was the starter not Moon. Moon was the starter for the last 3 cups. I hated him and the Eskimos. Beat the crap out of us every year. Was very glad when he left for the NFL.

Thanks for that info, I was living in Houston when he came to the Oilers.  That Oiler team he joined at first was BADD, B A DoubleD BAD. 

Alumni
Date:

Here's a link to an interview Ian Mendes did with Alfie yesterday about the Philips sweater retirement.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/the-drive-hour-2-1.1443011

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Just saw on Twitter some tweets about Warren Moon and his time in Edmonton with the Edmonton Eskimos. He only won five out of six Grey Cups what was up with that? Did he choke that 6th?

He wasn't bad.  The one year he didn't win was his rookie year and Tom Wilkinson was the starter not Moon. Moon was the starter for the last 3 cups. I hated him and the Eskimos. Beat the crap out of us every year. Was very glad when he left for the NFL.

-- Edited by senior on Saturday 15th of February 2020 12:54:58 AM

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Boro's dirt didn't work. he's out for awhile. maybe they'll keep him as a trade seems unlikely now?

That looked like a nasty injury I’m not surprised

Alumni
Date:

Boro's dirt didn't work. he's out for awhile. maybe they'll keep him as a trade seems unlikely now?

Alumni
Date:

I'm glad that teams let the players go and watch their children being born. It wasn't that long ago that a player missing for that kind of thing would have seemed absurd.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:

Boro and wife Tara welcomed Miles to their family today. Hopefully Miles will remain an Ottawa resident for some time to come. 

I have a cat named Myles. 

You can keep track of their names?

they have name tags stapled to them. 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:

Boro and wife Tara welcomed Miles to their family today. Hopefully Miles will remain an Ottawa resident for some time to come. 

You can keep track of their names?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

good news. bobby ryan participated in a full practice today. should be back soon. 

Good news for him personally, not so good for the on ice product. Well, the tank. It is good news then.

Alumni
Date:

good news. bobby ryan participated in a full practice today. should be back soon. 

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.