Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
General Sens stuff.

Alfie not in HOF, very sad. He and Tkachuk and Roenick and Fluery should all be in especially since Zubov is in.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I also just have to wonder about Brett Burns and what he thinks.

He's already making big big bucks for at least 6 more years and living and loving the NorCal lifestyle, he doesn't think anything about this other than he doesn't have to play over 25minutes w EK and Vlasic on the blue line.

Maybe he can take some of those big bucks and buy a razor and a tooth. 

He don't waste money on that stuff, how do u think he still has the big bucks

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

He's already making big big bucks for at least 6 more years and living and loving the NorCal lifestyle, he doesn't think anything about this other than he doesn't have to play over 25minutes w EK and Vlasic on the blue line.

Maybe he can take some of those big bucks and buy a razor and a tooth. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

According to something I saw on TSN, Ottawa is about 11 million under the salary cap floor.

Ceci's 8 year, $11 million per, will take care of that. 

These guys are going to pay him at least 5M per season I bet, can someone please talk some sense to someone over there??? Please Russell go have a talk with them...

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Ahhhh excellent. Just cleared out the dead weight to bring him back in. ...shouldn't we be like 30 mil under the cap floor? Who else do we even have to pay?

Gaborik and Phaneuf

Nice Kat, it's always good to see the Sens and the great way they handle the books.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

So Ryan  Callahan has a degenerative back disease and has been put on long term injury reserve. Appears his career is over. He has one year left on his contract at $5.8 million. What are the odds the Sens pick up his contract?

High, if they can extort something good from Tampa? Right?  Extortion should be something the Sens and Meldinks front office is good at since most are from his Biofixing company.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

It's also possible that the Sens were putting something together and SJ was like, "OK here, have all the money for 8 years". Like 11.5 mil a season, seriously?

They have Couture and Kane and Burns and Vlasic and MartinJones and now Karlsson all on 7-8 year contracts at significant salary too. Kane, Jones and Karlsson are only ones not in their 30's. Plus they still have to pay Timo Meier and Tomas Hertl both 30 Goal scorers and their Captain Joe Pavelski who scored 38 and is 35 is up for contract.  Letting EK walk with all this other business to do would have been the prudent thing but I'm not a billionaire and cap expert.

IMG_5796 B.jpg

Nice, lol

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

So Ryan  Callahan has a degenerative back disease and has been put on long term injury reserve. Appears his career is over. He has one year left on his contract at $5.8 million. What are the odds the Sens pick up his contract?

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Ahhhh excellent. Just cleared out the dead weight to bring him back in. ...shouldn't we be like 30 mil under the cap floor? Who else do we even have to pay?

Gaborik and Phaneuf

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

According to something I saw on TSN, Ottawa is about 11 million under the salary cap floor.

Ceci's 8 year, $11 million per, will take care of that. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

It's also possible that the Sens were putting something together and SJ was like, "OK here, have all the money for 8 years". Like 11.5 mil a season, seriously?

They have Couture and Kane and Burns and Vlasic and MartinJones and now Karlsson all on 7-8 year contracts at significant salary too. Kane, Jones and Karlsson are only ones not in their 30's. Plus they still have to pay Timo Meier and Tomas Hertl both 30 Goal scorers and their Captain Joe Pavelski who scored 38 and is 35 is up for contract.  Letting EK walk with all this other business to do would have been the prudent thing but I'm not a billionaire and cap expert.

IMG_5796 B.jpg

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

I really wonder if the whole "EK would be interested in coming back to Ottawa" thing was just the Karlsson camp trying to make things uncomfortable for Meldink and Dorkion. Stir up the fans who are still mad at them for p*ssing away all their best players. If so, well played. I love it.

probably more like the EK camp putting some heat on SJ to pony up. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Duclair signs for 1 year. Great signing. Zero risk and maybe he gets his head straight. if so, this is a steal. if not, who cares. 

LIKE!!!

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

I really wonder if the whole "EK would be interested in coming back to Ottawa" thing was just the Karlsson camp trying to make things uncomfortable for Meldink and Dorkion. Stir up the fans who are still mad at them for p*ssing away all their best players. If so, well played. I love it.

LIKE!!!

Alumni
Date:

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.