Members Login

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

I can't even believe out of all of this 'rebuilding' we still have Boucher. Melnyk: No no.. it's the 'team' that's wrong....

Alumni
Date:

Essentially Erik Karlsson joins the San Jose Sharks. The Ottawa Senators join the AHL.

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

Just change the name of this team to "Expos" because that is exactly what they have become. Instead of making trades to improve the team, they are making moves to lower the payroll and I am sick of it. 

If Eugene really is a billionaire, why would he mind losing $10 million a season on owning this team? Professional sports team owners are not in it to make a profit; it is for their egos. It's a rich man's toy and nothing else.

At the rate we're going, there won't even be NHL hockey in Ottawa in a few years.

Crap, crap, crap. I am going to throw my support behind my girlfriend team, the Jets, this coming season because Ottawa and Winnipeg are moving in completely opposite directions.

Exit...Stage Left

I'm Losing It.

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

Just change the name of this team to "Expos" because that is exactly what they have become. Instead of making trades to improve the team, they are making moves to lower the payroll and I am sick of it. 

If Eugene really is a billionaire, why would he mind losing $10 million a season on owning this team? Professional sports team owners are not in it to make a profit; it is for their egos. It's a rich man's toy and nothing else.

At the rate we're going, there won't even be NHL hockey in Ottawa in a few years.

Crap, crap, crap. I am going to throw my support behind my girlfriend team, the Jets, this coming season because Ottawa and Winnipeg are moving in completely opposite directions.

Exit...Stage Left

euge isn't a billionaire anymore. he lost a lot of his money a few years back. 

we won't lose the team. buttman knows what's happening here and is likely not very happy with it. He'd force euge to sell before he let him move it.

i hope....

Alumni
Date:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/bungling-of-karlsson-trade-a-sign-all-hope-is-lost-until-senators-are-sold

Alumni
Date:

Exit...Stage Left

Alumni
Date:

So the payments for the Senior Term Debt loan refinancing have to be coming up soon.

Can the fans drive revenues low enough to make him default with low cash flow? That would mean the lenders (cough Powercorp, Desmarais family cough) would have first dibs on the assets.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

read it and weep.

Are you not entertained?!  Look at that rebuild go!  It went straight to plaid! 

And Griz and Gabs on IR, so that’s an additional $7.3 million saved at a $9.45M cap hit to put towards the floor.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

read it and weep.

Salary cap is $70.8M

Includes Griz on the IR at $4.65M (comes off the cap at season start?), Phaneuf retained salary at $1.75M and Burrows buyout at $2.5M

That's a total of $8.9M for players who won't play for the Sens next year. Griz, not his fault and might be covered by insurance.

Alumni
Date:

read it and weep.

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

I never in my worst nightmares imagined that any trade for EK65 wouldn't included at least a good Dman in return. We all knew we couldn't get one back as good, but at least a top 4. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Image may contain: one or more people, text and closeup

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Pageau possibly out 4-6 months with an ACHILLES injury. Today just keeps getting better and better.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

I've never gone into a new season with less interest than I am this year. I really just don't care anymore. Well done, euge. You've killed my life-long love for hockey.  

Same.  I'm thinking of mailing in my picks for the game thread pool.  

United in rage?  nah no point in getting upset when you don't GAF anymore

Alumni
Date:

EK65 thanked Alfie and Murray, did not mention melnyk or dorion.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Image may contain: 2 people, meme, suit and text

Alumni
Date:

I've never gone into a new season with less interest than I am this year. I really just don't care anymore. Well done, euge. You've killed my life-long love for hockey.  

Jedi Master
Date:

Guys.... does this make Cody Ceci our #1 Dman?

Jedi Master
Date:

I feel sick. Just..... sick

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

This is the worst day of my life... even when they traded Spezza they at least still had EK. Now we have... some guys. Mark Stone and a proud AHL team that I'm sure will put up some competitive games against the Coyotes. F***** you Melnyk, I'm so upset and I don't even live in Ottawa.

I'd guess that its almost guaranteed now that Stone and Duchene move along as well. This is all designed for melnyk to spend no money until the lebreton thing happens. 

«First  <  17 8 9 10 1132  >  Last»  | Page of 32  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.