Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

An interesting little video on a sens pick. Something to keep an eye on. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-I3awK8LAE

Alumni
Date:

Pinto signed for 2 years. 

Joseph traded for cap space. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

The Sens did not make Erik Brannstrom a qualifying ofer so he is gone. Saves the Sens 2 million.

Alumni
Date:

OMG, He's a Hanson!

https://x.com/lassialanen/status/1807078462378631381

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Sens pick Gabriel Eliasson in second round. 6' 7" D-man. Supposed to be a nasty character.

like this guy. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Carter Yakemchuck scored 30 goals. They had their choice of some awesome defensive players….Iginla went 6th so no shot at him

Craig Button seems to really like him so hopefully he’s an amazing offensive player like Evan Bouchard of Edmonton who he compares him to, did say to be patient like the Oil were with Bouchard 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Friday 28th of June 2024 11:21:11 PM

Honestly, great if he's offensive, but I'm hoping he is solid and tough in front of his net.  that's what we need more of. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sens pick Gabriel Eliasson in second round. 6' 7" D-man. Supposed to be a nasty character.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I like the pick. They've needed a big mobile D-man for years. And if he can contribute offensively as well, even better. I hope they don't rush him into the NHL before he's ready.

Confident Fan
Date:

Corey Pronman from The Athletic

Thoughts on the pick: I think anyone who read my draft coverage knew I was going to be a big fan of whoever took Yakemchuk. He’s a dynamic big man. He has high-end skill, he can skate, and plays hard. He has the potential to be a star in the NHL even if he has some things in his all-around game to clean up.

He’s very high on him and I hope he’s right!!

Confident Fan
Date:

Carter Yakemchuck scored 30 goals. They had their choice of some awesome defensive players….Iginla went 6th so no shot at him

Craig Button seems to really like him so hopefully he’s an amazing offensive player like Evan Bouchard of Edmonton who he compares him to, did say to be patient like the Oil were with Bouchard 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Friday 28th of June 2024 11:21:11 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

The senators are going to get one of the top three defenseman in this draft. A bunch of offensive players went before them for the first five picks. No way is Ottawa taking Iginla now with these guys still left

Confident Fan
Date:

The Canadians bring out Celine Dion, she must be Canadian 🇨🇦

Alumni
Date:

Senior, you need this. 

Screen Shot 2024-06-27 at 10.20.48 AM.png

Attachments
Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Oilers almost pulled off a miracle but the Panthers were the better team in game 7. They were an absolute wall in front of their net. I can't help but wonder where that team was for games 4,5 and 6. Happy for Paul Maurice though. Class act.  

Great points - I’m happy for the Tkachuk’s too. Maurice is awesome 

Alumni
Date:

Oilers almost pulled off a miracle but the Panthers were the better team in game 7. They were an absolute wall in front of their net. I can't help but wonder where that team was for games 4,5 and 6. Happy for Paul Maurice though. Class act.  

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

The #NHLBruins  have acquired forward Mark Kastelic, goaltender Joonas Korpisalo, and a 2024 first-round draft pick (25th overall) from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for goaltender Linus Ullmark.

retaining 1 million a year for four years in salary for Korpisalo. Everyone thinks they have a contract extension for Ullmark 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 24th of June 2024 08:23:20 PM

Basically it’s DeBrincat and Kastelic and 1M for Ullmark is that worth it if they finally have an average to above average Goalie? 

Well goaltending has been an issue since Anderson. They thought that Korpisalo would be the answer and he wasn't. Lets hope that Ullmark will be.  

Both Ullmark and Korpisalo are 30.

And an ENORMOUS middle finger to buttman by announcing it right before game 7! sweet. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

The #NHLBruins  have acquired forward Mark Kastelic, goaltender Joonas Korpisalo, and a 2024 first-round draft pick (25th overall) from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for goaltender Linus Ullmark.

retaining 1 million a year for four years in salary for Korpisalo. Everyone thinks they have a contract extension for Ullmark 

Basically it’s DeBrincat and Kastelic and 1M for Ullmark is that worth it if they finally have an average to above average Goalie? 

Well goaltending has been an issue since Anderson. They thought that Korpisalo would be the answer and he wasn't. Lets hope that Ullmark will be.  

Both Ullmark and Korpisalo are 30.

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Draft stuff from The Athletic - Sens pick 7th

The Senators have a massive need to add a premium puck-mover and if the draft goes like this they would have their pick between Parekh RHD and LHD Zeev Buium. Parekh could have a lot of success next to someone like Jake Sanderson for the next decade.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 14th of May 2024 08:41:29 PM

IMO, a puck mover is not what they need. They already have 3 of them. They need a Chris Philips type on D. 

That’s true, but if I am going to stay consistent and years ago always thought they should have taken the Staal brother defender who went to the New York Rangers instead of the highschooler from Minnesota Brian Lee. In hockey, pedigree really means a lot so I think they need to take Jerome Iginla‘s son at number seven. Jaime McLennan of TSN loves the young guy and Sens have did well with sons and brothers of NHL’ers 

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.