Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: The goalie situation

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
The goalie situation

I have to agree that Hammond's attitude is probably part of why they made this choice. He could have accepted a conditioning stint, and then come back.... but he thought he was too good for that. So now he either moves on, or goes to Bingo.

Alumni
Date:

i'd like to point out condon let in 5 goals the other night. I know the team was awful in front of him but still, i;d like to see more from him before we anoint him the back up. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

The guy's only played 2 games this season, neither very well, and he refuses to go to Bingo to play 2 or 3 games to get some playing time. Not a great attitude. To bad I liked the guy but probably time for him to move on.

Jedi Master
Date:

Hammond on waivers today

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensDawg wrote:

If the Sens were to entertain offers, what teams are in need of a goalie ASAP?  And I'm assuming the Sens are not trading a goalie to an East team... we know how that has worked out in the past.

LA Kings? Nashville? Arizona?  And what would the Sens fetch for Hammond or Condon?  A pick + low prospect?  

Hammond has cooled off to an adequate backup, albeit injury prone.  And Condon has benefited from a strong defensive team play in front of him.

I guess trading Condon would be the easiest on the team, but right now he's in better form.

We also have to leave a goalie exposed in the expansion draft so keeping 3 around makes that a lot easier and safer.

Good point. Almost every move made this year will need to take expansion into consideration.

like your mother buying her dresses, trebek! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

94823_1215325270878_full.jpg

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

But it's cheaper to not pay Hammond. So melynk will like that

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensDawg wrote:

If the Sens were to entertain offers, what teams are in need of a goalie ASAP?  And I'm assuming the Sens are not trading a goalie to an East team... we know how that has worked out in the past.

LA Kings? Nashville? Arizona?  And what would the Sens fetch for Hammond or Condon?  A pick + low prospect?  

Hammond has cooled off to an adequate backup, albeit injury prone.  And Condon has benefited from a strong defensive team play in front of him.

I guess trading Condon would be the easiest on the team, but right now he's in better form.

We also have to leave a goalie exposed in the expansion draft so keeping 3 around makes that a lot easier and safer.

Good point. Almost every move made this year will need to take expansion into consideration.

Alumni
Date:

SensDawg wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

It seems there might be interest from other teams in Hammond. I'd rather keep three goalies for now until things settle down for Andy, as calling up from Bingo every time he needs time away will be disruptive to the development of Driedger / O'Connor.

Agreed. Unfortunately any day Andy might have to leave the team for an extended period of time. Have to keep all 3 around for now.  Certainly not the greatest situation for Hammond and Condon but I'm sure they understand. Hopefully Hammond will agree to go to Bingo to get some playing time.

we have to remember, as good as Condon has been, its only been 2 games. he could turn around and suck next game. you never know. Also, it was mentioned today if you send Hammond to bingo, it interferes with the development of the other 2 guys. probably better to keep Hammond around up here for now.

Jedi Master
Date:

I suppose it depends what the offers are like. If they get an offer for Hammond right now that is something more than what they are likely to get at the deadline... you have to consider it.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

It seems there might be interest from other teams in Hammond. I'd rather keep three goalies for now until things settle down for Andy, as calling up from Bingo every time he needs time away will be disruptive to the development of Driedger / O'Connor.

Agreed. Unfortunately any day Andy might have to leave the team for an extended period of time. Have to keep all 3 around for now.  Certainly not the greatest situation for Hammond and Condon but I'm sure they understand. Hopefully Hammond will agree to go to Bingo to get some playing time.

Alumni
Date:

I'd entertain offers for Hammond.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

I wonder what Shredder would have to say about this, that pillar of calm, sober thought.

WHATEVER!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I wonder what Shredder would have to say about this, that pillar of calm, sober thought.

Alumni
Date:

wait til we bring back emery and gerber!

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

crazy mess? since when?...this is part of being a Senators fan...i can't wait to see who Pan will want to "GET OFF MY TEAM"!

Jedi Master
Date:

So Hammond is out indefinitely, Andy will be in and out basically on his own schedule (Boucher says he will play when he is able to).... looks like Condon is going to get an extended look and Driedger may well get some games in.

What a crazy mess.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.