Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: World Cup

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: World Cup

SensKat wrote:

omg. Don wants these tournaments to be best 2 out of 3 for each matchup. It would take months....

It's a tournament not a league playoff series. "Win and you're in"

Jedi Master
Date:

omg. Don wants these tournaments to be best 2 out of 3 for each matchup. It would take months....

Jedi Master
Date:

Those beards are just nasty

Alumni
Date:

LOL at Russell's tweet

https://twitter.com/sensunderground/status/779360839103082496

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Canada vs Russia tonight. Should be a good one!

would have been better if it was against NA Cardiac Kids 

Jedi Master
Date:

Canada vs Russia tonight. Should be a good one!

Alumni
Date:

For charity hockey games. one of the most entertaining I remember seeing as a kid was The Flying Fathers

Jedi Master
Date:

Nice, putting the game away.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Same nephew... took him to see one of those CJOH No-Stars charity games.  Their goalie was just terrible. At the intermission we were wandering around the lobby of the arena.  There were some pamphlets on the wall and one of them was for goalie school.  I give it to my nephew and tell him he should give it to the coach for his goalie.

Well he did... coach had a laugh, passed it around the players who all laughed and one of them brought it to the goalie who also had a good laugh.

Ah.. good times... 

lol.  That's awesome.

Alumni
Date:

Same nephew... took him to see one of those CJOH No-Stars charity games.  Their goalie was just terrible. At the intermission we were wandering around the lobby of the arena.  There were some pamphlets on the wall and one of them was for goalie school.  I give it to my nephew and tell him he should give it to the coach for his goalie.

Well he did... coach had a laugh, passed it around the players who all laughed and one of them brought it to the goalie who also had a good laugh.

Ah.. good times... 

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

This years crop of 5th season commercials are already annoying me.

This years? and the season hasn't even started yet..

They would at least make sense if the kids were supposed to be fantasizing about being players that they have actually heard of....

No 8 year old is pretending to be Bobby Orr

True story...

Many years ago, brother-in-law and I took nephew to a car show at the Congress Center.   Nephew was about 8-9 at the time. This was back when Cherry had that show "Don Cherry's Grapevine".  Anyway that morning he happen to have had Bobby Orr as a guest.  Also Orr was signing autographs at the car show.  Nephew went up to get his autograph and mentioned seeing him on DC's Grapevine and said something like.  "You met Don Cherry, that's so cool".

Another true story from my niece this time.  Brother took her to see a charity game in Kingston where Cherry was coaching one of the teams.  He was signing autographs between periods and she wanted to get one.  Just as her turn came up, he said "OK that's it turned around and walked away"  She was pissed at him.  The old Kingston area was small and she had to go by the player's bench to get back to her seat.  Cherry was her way. she said "Excuse me Mr. Cherry", gave him a soft elbow and walked passed him.

lol.  Yeah, that arena was pretty tiny. 

But see, that's the thing... if they were at least having the kids pretending to be Crosby, or Toews... sure, they know who those guys are.  They have no idea who any of the guys are that they use in those commercials.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

They would at least make sense if the kids were supposed to be fantasizing about being players that they have actually heard of....

True story...

Many years ago, brother-in-law and I took nephew to a car show at the Congress Center.   Nephew was about 8-9 at the time. This was back when Cherry had that show "Don Cherry's Grapevine".  Anyway that morning he happen to have had Bobby Orr as a guest.  Also Orr was signing autographs at the car show.  Nephew went up to get his autograph and mentioned seeing him on DC's Grapevine and said something like.  "You met Don Cherry, that's so cool".

Another true story from my niece this time.  Brother took her to see a charity game in Kingston where Cherry was coaching one of the teams.  He was signing autographs between periods and she wanted to get one.  Just as her turn came up, he said "OK that's it turned around and walked away"  She was pissed at him.  The old Kingston area was small and she had to go by the player's bench to get back to her seat.  Cherry was her way. she said "Excuse me Mr. Cherry", gave him a soft elbow and walked passed him.

Jedi Master
Date:

Here's hoping Finland can win tomorrow. I want to see more of North America.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:

This afternoons game was a heck of a lot more exciting than this one.

I wish I had been able to watch that one.  It sounded like it was an amazing game.

This game like a typical NHL game. The game this afternoon reminded me the junior tournament. The speed and passing was amazing.

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

I wish I had been able to watch that one.  It sounded like it was an amazing game.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

I'm kinda surprised that Cherry hasn't taken credit for the thumbs up yet. 

Didn't he invent it?

Jedi Master
Date:

«First  <  111 12 13 14 1520  >  Last»  | Page of 20  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.