Topic: Season 4 Episode 16 with Ian Mendes up

Post Info
Zinfandel Expert
Date:
RE: Season 4 Episode 16 with Ian Mendes up

Russell wrote:
Pan wrote:
Homer wrote:

I could email this, but the guys don't like long emails...

interesting point about Hoffman playing a more selfish game to pad his stats because of this contract situation. 

Comparing his stats of the past two season

2014-15 season

GPGAP

2015-16 season so far

GP G A P
 72 27 27 54

Has he matched his performance from last season - Yes

Breaking down this season though... 

Hoffman 15th goal was on the team's 28th game of year  (44 goal pace)

12 goals in 44 games since (22 goal pace)

Sens have played 48 games since his 15th.  I did not look up when he missed 4 games, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he missed them after his 15th.  His production dropped in half since his 15th. 

Does Hoffman have the potential to be a 45 goal scorer?  Maybe, based on his quick start.

What will he ask for in a contract in $$ and term?  What will Sens be willing to give him?

There's an obvious disconnect between Hoffman and the coach.  But Hoffman can't assume that he'll get along any better with a new coach or the coach on another team.  

If he only signs a 1 year deal, we have to assume that he's gone before then end of next season.

Interesting talk on a Drouin-Hoffman deal.  I'm with Kardinal on this one.  No way am I giving up Hoffman plus a pick.

By sending Drouin down to the the minors, TB is saying that he has not proven himself at the NHL level while Hoffman has.  

TB cannot guaranty that Drouin will score more than Hoffman's two 27 goal seasons.  

Hoffman on Stamkos' wing?  Yikes !!  (assuming Stamkos stays in TB)

Would Hoffman be happy in TB?  Although they are winning, they have their own management/coaching drama down there. 

I would hate to lose a scorer like Hoffman, but would not be surprised if he is dealt.

So what you're saying is that you'd love Hoffman on Stamkos's wing!  Just imagine Stone on the other side!

As Ian mentioned that Ryan was far from excited about playing with Gomez, I'm sure that Hoff wasn't happy about having Chiasson kill the cycle or grip the stick on his line.

I also don't think that Drouin is worth having the pick included, but I'm pretty sure it'll happen.  That's what bid wars do.  

Agreed on the coaching relationship but maybe it's a lack of respect for Cameron - or a lack of respect for authority.  I don't exactly know why he played in the QMJHL instead of OHL but that was apparently another issue with him.

This is going to look horrible on the mobile site

southparkvz.jpg

it will look just fine...as long as we stop quoting each other 

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:
Homer wrote:

interesting point about Hoffman playing a more selfish game to pad his stats because of this contract situation. 

2014-15 season

GPGAP

2015-16 season so far

GP G A P
 72 27 27 54

Sens have played 48 games since his 15th.  I did not look up when he missed 4 games, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he missed them after his 15th.  His production dropped in half since his 15th. 

Does Hoffman have the potential to be a 45 goal scorer?  Maybe, based on his quick start.

What will he ask for in a contract in $$ and term?  What will Sens be willing to give him?

There's an obvious disconnect between Hoffman and the coach.  But Hoffman can't assume that he'll get along any better with a new coach or the coach on another team.  

If he only signs a 1 year deal, we have to assume that he's gone before then end of next season.

Interesting talk on a Drouin-Hoffman deal.  I'm with Kardinal on this one.  No way am I giving up Hoffman plus a pick.

By sending Drouin down to the the minors, TB is saying that he has not proven himself at the NHL level while Hoffman has.  

TB cannot guaranty that Drouin will score more than Hoffman's two 27 goal seasons.  

Would Hoffman be happy in TB?  Although they are winning, they have their own management/coaching drama down there. 

I would hate to lose a scorer like Hoffman, but would not be surprised if he is dealt.

So what you're saying is that you'd love Hoffman on Stamkos's wing!  Just imagine Stone on the other side!

As Ian mentioned that Ryan was far from excited about playing with Gomez, I'm sure that Hoff wasn't happy about having Chiasson kill the cycle or grip the stick on his line.

I also don't think that Drouin is worth having the pick included, but I'm pretty sure it'll happen.  That's what bid wars do.  

Agreed on the coaching relationship but maybe it's a lack of respect for Cameron - or a lack of respect for authority.  I don't exactly know why he played in the QMJHL instead of OHL but that was apparently another issue with him.

southparkvz.jpg

Attachments
Pan
Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

2014-15 season

GPGAP

2015-16 season so far

GP G A P
 72 27 27 54

Alumni
Date:

2014-15 season

GPGAP

2015-16 season so far

GP G A P
 72 27 27 54

Alumni
Date:

enjoy

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.