GOAL!! 2-0 Sens!

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

senior, have you gone to the Brier?

he's probably just gone to the can. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Nope Why a TV break with 39 seconds to go.

Alumni
Date:

senior, have you gone to the Brier?

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

So, got the cat back from the vet hospital today. He had a very close call, almost lost him. Now, I get to work until I'm 105 (Senior's age) to pay for it.

Poor kitty... what happened? 

urinary blockage.  

oh, yeah, those suck.  

and heart-stoppingly expensive to fix. 

wait until you are into full-blown geriatric care.

me or the cat?

Yours is free

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

should I be lazy and order a pizza?

asking us for permission?  just finished my pizza, but home made.

more of a rhetorical question.

I spent the day reading an 88 page functional spec for the 3rd time while I'm working on my technical design and dev estimates.... I have no brain power left.

well you're in the right place then...  order away, note that bacon is good for the brain

oh, pizza without bacon would pretty much be a crime.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

So, got the cat back from the vet hospital today. He had a very close call, almost lost him. Now, I get to work until I'm 105 (Senior's age) to pay for it.

urinary blockage.  

oh, yeah, those suck.  

me or the cat?

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

urinary blockage.  

oh, yeah, those suck.  

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I spent the day reading an 88 page functional spec for the 3rd time while I'm working on my technical design and dev estimates.... I have no brain power left.

well you're in the right place then...  order away, note that bacon is good for the brain

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

urinary blockage.  

oh, yeah, those suck.  

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

urinary blockage.  

oh, yeah, those suck.  

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

ok, I looked it up, I was remembering wrong, it's the other way around:

Walk-Away Rights

If a player elects arbitration, the club may actually choose to walk away from the award and make the player an unrestricted free agent under certain circumstances. For one, the arbitration award has to be $3.5M per year or more. As with every other number like this, the $3.5M figure will index annually at the same percentage as the League Average Salary changes.

If it's a one-year election, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent immediately.

If it's a two-year election, then the walk-away actually turns that into a one-year contract at the end of which the player becomes a UFA.

As long as the club has a walk-away right, they have 48 hours after the end of all their arbitration hearings to elect to walk away from a player. The amount of walk-aways a team may carry out in one year depends on how many players take them to arbitration.

In no case may a club walk away from an arbitration award arising from a hearing for which they filed. Walk-aways are only permitted in player-elected arbitration cases.

found that exact same article

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Contract talks with Hoffman are going to be interesting.  He's a RFA so his options are limited, but if Cameron is still there when he becomes a UFA and their relationship doesn't get better, he's going to walk or force the Sens hands to trade him at the trade deadline.

STONE !!

It'll likely be team elected arbitration and Hoffman will chose a one year deal.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

urinary blockage.  

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

ok, I looked it up, I was remembering wrong, it's the other way around:

Walk-Away Rights

If a player elects arbitration, the club may actually choose to walk away from the award and make the player an unrestricted free agent under certain circumstances. For one, the arbitration award has to be $3.5M per year or more. As with every other number like this, the $3.5M figure will index annually at the same percentage as the League Average Salary changes.

If it's a one-year election, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent immediately.

If it's a two-year election, then the walk-away actually turns that into a one-year contract at the end of which the player becomes a UFA.

As long as the club has a walk-away right, they have 48 hours after the end of all their arbitration hearings to elect to walk away from a player. The amount of walk-aways a team may carry out in one year depends on how many players take them to arbitration.

In no case may a club walk away from an arbitration award arising from a hearing for which they filed. Walk-aways are only permitted in player-elected arbitration cases.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Contract talks with Hoffman are going to be interesting.  He's a RFA so his options are limited, but if Cameron is still there when he becomes a UFA and their relationship doesn't get better, he's going to walk or force the Sens hands to trade him at the trade deadline.

STONE !!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it partially depend on who elects for arbitration, too?  If it's player-elected he has less options, but if it's team elected, and he doesn't like the contract the arbitrator comes back with there is an out that lets him become a UFA?

«First  <  14 5 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.