Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 67: Stars @ Sens - 5pm start

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Stooli just made a great point on Twitter, why did they pick up Gomez a guy out of the league and trade Prince for virtually nothing.

Prince was traded because the Sens decided he wasn't in their future plans. They have Puempel, Dziurzynski, Mcormick, Dzingel and Paul all looking to make the team.  I'm sure Murray would like to gotten more but took the best offer he could get.

They certainly didn't move Prince to make room for Gomez. Picking up Gomez was just a stop gap move to fill a hole created by the Turris and MacAurthur  injuries. He is basically a freebie as he cost them nothing but his salary. And if they get lucky, he he shows flashes of his old self and scores a few goals. And hopefully he can help by passing on some of his experience to the younger guys. As the Sens playoff hopes fade or if MacAurthur returns, I think he gets less and less playing time. I suspect some of the younger guys will be getting more ice time and maybe some of the Bingo guys will get a look. (I really want to see what Buddy Robinson can do. His size in the corners or front of the net could help). 

And changing subjects a bit, should the Sens just shut MacAurtur down for the rest of the season rather than risking him getting re-injured? Do they want to showcase him in hopes of trading him this summer? Who knows.

I'd shut MacArthur down. Come back 100% for next year. This season is over. 

Thanks Senior, that all made sense.  I agree w Russell too why bring him back now especially since there is doubts about his health since he isn't in the lineup

But there is the slight risk from the team's POV that he is an unknown for playing next season, which affects FA decisions.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Stooli just made a great point on Twitter, why did they pick up Gomez a guy out of the league and trade Prince for virtually nothing.

Prince was traded because the Sens decided he wasn't in their future plans. They have Puempel, Dziurzynski, Mcormick, Dzingel and Paul all looking to make the team.  I'm sure Murray would like to gotten more but took the best offer he could get.

They certainly didn't move Prince to make room for Gomez. Picking up Gomez was just a stop gap move to fill a hole created by the Turris and MacAurthur  injuries. He is basically a freebie as he cost them nothing but his salary. And if they get lucky, he he shows flashes of his old self and scores a few goals. And hopefully he can help by passing on some of his experience to the younger guys. As the Sens playoff hopes fade or if MacAurthur returns, I think he gets less and less playing time. I suspect some of the younger guys will be getting more ice time and maybe some of the Bingo guys will get a look. (I really want to see what Buddy Robinson can do. His size in the corners or front of the net could help). 

And changing subjects a bit, should the Sens just shut MacAurtur down for the rest of the season rather than risking him getting re-injured? Do they want to showcase him in hopes of trading him this summer? Who knows.

Thanks Senior, that all made sense.  I agree w Russell too why bring him back now especially since there is doubts about his health since he isn't in the lineup

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

I hate hockey

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Was closer than I thought it would be.

Jedi Master
Date:

Game over. Ugh.

Alumni
Date:

Fan on puck losing the zone: -$50k per year.

Confident Fan
Date:

Bad ice for Hoffman

Jedi Master
Date:

You know if we had Spezza to take this last faceoff...

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

Not sure time out there was best call after icing. Make stars tired guys stay on ice.

Coach Dumbass

Confident Fan
Date:

Oh ffs

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Not sure time out there was best call after icing. Make stars tired guys stay on ice.

Alumni
Date:

Nice slide tackle.

Confident Fan
Date:

That wasn't a trip? That was as much of a trip as the one that got them their first goal

Jedi Master
Date:

ok, Roussel with the actual goal

Jedi Master
Date:

Hemsky...

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Zbad has developed hands of stone.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Can anyone think of a legitimate playoff team that is still, with 15 games left in the season, juggling line combinations constantly in a desperate attempt to "find something that works"?

I hear they're also going to bring the two Bobs in to help make them better 

image.jpg

1 2 35  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.