Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Game 61: Sens @ Oilers

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm not used to these 7pm starts any more. It feels strange to have already eaten, and be sitting down now to watch.

are you going to be able to stay awake for the whole game?  I'll watch the 1st, but then I'm off to bed.

ha... I think I'll manage. 

I just hope I don't regret it.  you're not supposed to go to bed angry

If you are angry, just watch this.... it'll cheer you up no matter how bad the game is going.

pBapkU5.gif

Alumni
Date:

Is it me or is the lighting kind of dull at Rexall Place?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Is it time for the Oilers to bail on Nail?  He hasn't been living up to his 1st overall hype from 4 years ago.  His rookie season was his best when he had a 0.65 points per game average.  

Since then it's gone down to 0.38, 0.40 and 0.39.  He's got one year left on his contract after this season.

Question is, what teams are interested in him and at what price?  Would he bounce back with another team or will he bail on the NHL and go back to Russia?

It's interesting, actually... to start this season, he was playing with McDavid, and you actually saw flashes of that player he was supposed to be.  Then they both go injured. 

Yak was even playing fairly well when he first came back, but ever since McDavid returned, he's been completely invisible.  It's too bad, because if he could have kept it up, there would have been interest, I think.

A 1st overall pick is supposed to make everyone around him better, not be dependent on someone else to be successful  

Jedi Master
Date:

My personal opinion is that Yakupov is never going to be "the guy" by himself. But put him with the right player, and he can be an incredibly good complimentary piece.

He's been partially ruined by the string of bad coaches, and partially by his own attitude.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm not used to these 7pm starts any more. It feels strange to have already eaten, and be sitting down now to watch.

are you going to be able to stay awake for the whole game?  I'll watch the 1st, but then I'm off to bed.

I just hope I don't regret it.  you're not supposed to go to bed angry

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Is it time for the Oilers to bail on Nail?  He hasn't been living up to his 1st overall hype from 4 years ago.  His rookie season was his best when he had a 0.65 points per game average.  

Since then it's gone down to 0.38, 0.40 and 0.39.  He's got one year left on his contract after this season.

Question is, what teams are interested in him and at what price?  Would he bounce back with another team or will he bail on the NHL and go back to Russia?

It's interesting, actually... to start this season, he was playing with McDavid, and you actually saw flashes of that player he was supposed to be.  Then they both go injured.

Yak was even playing fairly well when he first came back, but ever since McDavid returned, he's been completely invisible.  It's too bad, because if he could have kept it up, there would have been interest, I think.

So glad edmonton didn't take Murray's offer a few years back. Pretty sure he was the player Murray wanted.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:

Got one piece of half price pie left. Should be just enough to squeak by oilers. 4-3 Sens. Stone GWG. Gryba in less than 2 fights.

Quite likely, since he's on the IR at the moment....

I'm never wrong.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

oh look, Spezza with his 19th of the season tonight...

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Senators 4 Oilers 2 GWG: Stone .....and Sens fans will struggle to stay awake until the end of the game.

Alumni
Date:

Sens on a roll needing to win, Oilers on a losing streak.

Yep.

4-3 Oil Slicks (but in OT to get a point)
GWG: Eberle (0g in 4 games)

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

Got one piece of half price pie left. Should be just enough to squeak by oilers. 4-3 Sens. Stone GWG. Gryba in less than 2 fights.

Quite likely, since he's on the IR at the moment....

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

They'll have to sweep this trip to make me a believer again.

3-1 Sens, Pageau with GWG.

Alumni
Date:

5-2 Sens
GWG: Hoffman

Jedi Master
Date:

Finally some games I don't have to rush home from work for!

They had BETTER win this one after the trouncing they got the last time.

4-2 Sens, Zmith with the GWG

«First  <  14 5 6 7  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.