Topic: Game 49: Rangers @ Banged up Sens - 3pm Start

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Game 49: Rangers @ Banged up Sens - 3pm Start

Kardinal wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
 I think you will see Murray try and pick up a no. 4 or no. 5 shutdown dman using Cowan or Wideman plus picks or prospects. When everyone is healthy, this team is capable of scoring. If they don't find a way to cut down on scoring chances, they are not making the playoffs.

most sens fans dont want to hear this but the sens are going to be a team that grows into itself. their time is 2-3 years from now. sure, maybe add a pc here or there but patience is whats needed most.

But.....but....the rebuild was finished last season, or even the season before.  They should be ready to contend now as I want the Stanley Cup RIGHT NOW!    And a unicorn.    And perhaps a kitten (not a puppy). 

I think we are going to have to wait a bit longer with about 16-18 teams better than Sens

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
 I think you will see Murray try and pick up a no. 4 or no. 5 shutdown dman using Cowan or Wideman plus picks or prospects. When everyone is healthy, this team is capable of scoring. If they don't find a way to cut down on scoring chances, they are not making the playoffs.

most sens fans dont want to hear this but the sens are going to be a team that grows into itself. their time is 2-3 years from now. sure, maybe add a pc here or there but patience is whats needed most.

But.....but....the rebuild was finished last season, or even the season before.  They should be ready to contend now as I want the Stanley Cup RIGHT NOW!    And a unicorn.    And perhaps a kitten (not a puppy). 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

3-0 win. Nice shutout for Andy.

Bigger upset than Homan losing to Hanna?

whoa, let's not talk crazy, now.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Who would you guys move at the deadline to get some help? Most of our "disposable" pieces are that way for a reason...

I'm thinking that one of either Stone or Hoffman is going to end up going.

I'd hate to see Stone go for his take away abilities.  Hoffman seems to have issues with coaching and that's only what we hear about

No way Stone is going anywhere. To valuable two way guy.

Hoffman is a possible thirty goal guy and this team needs scoring. But is he coachable? Is it worth putting up with his "freelancing" for his scoring? I'm afraid trading him could become another Tyler Seguin situation.

But if you don't move either of those guys, what pieces do we have that are actually going to get us anything useful in return?  

We aren't going to land anyone good in free agency, and the farm team is getting too drained again.  We need to trade someone that is going to get us some help on the back end.

We are going to be sellers - the question really is how much?

I've been in the "move Hoffman for defense" camp fo a while now.  Call up whoever was kicking the tires on Drouin.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Bigger upset than Homan losing to Hanna?

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

well, i guess we all expected that, right?

I know I did 🤑🙃

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sens outshot and win. I tell ya that's the key to this team winning.

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

well, i guess we all expected that, right?

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Adam Hadwin only 2 back at PGA tournament.

*blank stare*

Confident Fan
Date:

it seemed like Alfie would have on average 10 shorties every year, or am I just imagining things?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Adam Hadwin only 2 back at PGA tournament.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

that's the good side of been the most penalized team: more shorties!

10 shorties on the year 😎😀🍻

Alumni
Date:

that's the good side of being the most penalized team: more shorties!

-- Edited by Russell on Sunday 24th of January 2016 05:27:38 PM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

See. All that penalty killing practice last game has paid off.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:
Russell wrote:

i honestly don't understand what the problem is with increasing the size of the nets. The players are bigger than ever, the goalies are bigger and better, more athletic, the equipment is bigger. the games evolves. its not the first change ever made to the game. seems like a no-brainer.

Best suggestion I heard war to make the nets 4 to 6 inches higher. With almost all goalies now playing on their knees, making the nets higher would force them to stay up longer.

The goalies are also getting taller - taller nets makes sense.

What have they been feeding kids the past few decades?

hgh. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:
Russell wrote:

i honestly don't understand what the problem is with increasing the size of the nets. The players are bigger than ever, the goalies are bigger and better, more athletic, the equipment is bigger. the games evolves. its not the first change ever made to the game. seems like a no-brainer.

Best suggestion I heard war to make the nets 4 to 6 inches higher. With almost all goalies now playing on their knees, making the nets higher would force them to stay up longer.

What have they been feeding kids the past few decades?

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:

Best suggestion I heard was to make the nets 4 to 6 inches higher. With almost all goalies now playing on their knees, making the nets higher would force them to stay up longer.

-- Edited by senior on Sunday 24th of January 2016 05:19:58 PM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

Holy crap Hanna rink just knocked Homan rink out of Scotties. Huge upset.

*blank stare*

Somewhere in Manitoba the Jennifer Jones rink is partying.

1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.