Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Zbad, Michalek out

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Zbad, Michalek out

Did they ever explain why this was not a suspension?  Same as Zibanejad-Gudas --> elbow, head

Alumni
Date:

Am I the only one who finds these suspension explanation videos ridiculous? How they break down each hit and nit pick everything to death. I think it should be a little more black and white given the history of concussions in the sport. And if you are going to ban hits to the head, eliminate the bare knuckle fighting portion as well. I don't really care, either way but the nit picking and hypocrisy of the legal fighting drives me bonkers.

Alumni
Date:

Gudas has been handed a 3 game suspension for his hit to the head of Zibanejad.

Video clip of explanation of the suspension: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=890453&lang=en

-- Edited by Kardinal on Wednesday 2nd of December 2015 06:38:34 PM

Alumni
Date:

i feel really bad for 9mm. he's not a 30 goal threat anymore because of his knees but he has changed his game and adapted to be a very solid and dependable all-around player. He's had more than his share of injuries. 

Alumni
Date:

also from NHL.com

Ottawa Senators forward Milan Michalek is out indefinitely with a fractured index finger on his right hand, the Senators announced Wednesday.

Alumni
Date:

From NHL.com:

Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Radko Gudas will have a hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety on Wednesday for a hit against forward Mika Zibanejad of the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday during a game at Canadian Tire Centre.

The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: illegal check to the head.

Alumni
Date:

I went snooping on the senators website and saw some tweets that Michalek is out 'for a while' (maybe broken hand?) and they're not sure on Zbad's return (maybe concussion?)

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.