Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 18: Senators vs Red Wings

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Game 18: Senators vs Red Wings

Russell wrote:

its fairly obvious the certain teams get the benefit of the doubt more often than not. Detroit would be one of those teams. And zetterberg seems immune to pretty much any infraction.

you'd f**king think that Karlsson would now get those calls too since he's a 2 time Norris winner wouldn't you?  I guess the good news is they tied it in the last minutes to salvage a loser point, I guess you gotta manage your losses.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I need someone to bring me food without having to pay for it.

the holy grail

You want Russell's number?

He would just promise me food and never show up.

guaranteed to arrive in 30 minutes or not at all

lol.... Russell's delivery service slogan "If it's not there in 30 minutes.... I'm not coming"

like. But this is more accurate:

"If its not there in 30 minutes, I ate it". 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Wings aren't even worried enough about our PP to care when they break a stick.

Now I want some chicken wings

The HOFF -  burger

mmmm.... wings.  

Maybe I should eat dinner.

Should I get up off the couch and go up and complain to the wife that I haven't been fed yet?

she probably just assumed you were full of pie. 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensDawg wrote:

Why is Anderson so deep on these breakaways?????  Just looks like he gives up.  Step out and challenge, make the shooter make a move.

I was going to ask earlier, is there a basketball coach on the Red Wings staff?  No, not because they are like the Globetrotters with the puck but because they set so many picks.

i noticed the picks too

The picks are probably the European influence that is so strong on the Redwings.

they are masters at it and never get called. mtl does it too.

Alumni
Date:

its fairly obvious the certain teams get the benefit of the doubt more often than not. Detroit would be one of those teams. And zetterberg seems immune to pretty much any infraction.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensDawg wrote:

Why is Anderson so deep on these breakaways?????  Just looks like he gives up.  Step out and challenge, make the shooter make a move.

I was going to ask earlier, is there a basketball coach on the Red Wings staff?  No, not because they are like the Globetrotters with the puck but because they set so many picks.

i noticed the picks too

The picks are probably the European influence that is so strong on the Redwings.

Jedi Master
Date:

SensDawg wrote:

Not sure what's up with him so far this season.  Maybe he needs to be challenged more than he has been?  He performs best under pressure.

Alumni
Date:

SensDawg wrote:

i noticed the picks too

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

crap

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

on pace for 41 OT games

And 30 shootouts

Alumni
Date:

on pace for 41 OT games

Jedi Master
Date:

Sigh. OT.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Dammit!

Alumni
Date:

After that move by #6, I'd steal the mic from Stu to yell, "Bobyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy RYAN!"

He's got his mojo back and he didn't take a clapper foolishly like Turris just before.

Jedi Master
Date:

Ryan ties it up!

Guess we're heading for OT again.

Alumni
Date:

OMG, that was a thing a beauty  BFR #ReverseTheCurse

Jedi Master
Date:

Sigh. Good job Chiasson.

Jedi Master
Date:

SensDawg wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Did you guys see the quote on the weekend where Cameron got mad at the players during practice and said "You play like you practice, this isn't good enough, do you want 25 minutes to be 35?"

All I could think of was a teacher scolding the kids in detention.

It's clear they don't take their job seriously enough.  Watching that HBO behind the scenes series and seeing how Pittsburgh practices, wow.  Crisp, clean, fast.

Part of the problem of having a coach that has no idea how to actually manage NHL players. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Did you guys see the quote on the weekend where Cameron got mad at the players during practice and said "You play like you practice, this isn't good enough, do you want 25 minutes to be 35?"

All I could think of was a teacher scolding the kids in detention.

It's clear they don't take their job seriously enough.  Watching that HBO behind the scenes series and seeing how Pittsburgh practices, wow.  Crisp, clean, fast.

1 2 35  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.