Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Coaches Challenge

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Coaches Challenge

The real problem is that the coaches are smarter than the nim rods running the NHL. They don't think things out before they implement changes.

Jedi Master
Date:

It also seems like it's a bit inconsistent in how the war room is responding to things right now. Hopefully some of this will shake out as it gets used more through the season, but right now, it's a problem.

There definitely needs to be a stronger deterrent.

Alumni
Date:

That's a good idea. I was trying to think of a good punishment, like having to keep your line on while the other coach can switch, but a penalty would be better.

Alumni
Date:

call a 2 min penalty if the challenge is defeated. that will deter calling them just for the sake of a longer time out.

Alumni
Date:

I can see that. There's a legitimate reason to keep it in... if the play IS offside, it's offside, there's no grey area. It's also kind of nice to have goalie interference challenged *cough*last year playoffs *cough*. But maybe that's it, we need a stronger deterrent than missing a time-out.

Jedi Master
Date:

I think there's good and bad... some coaches are already mastering the art of using it to get an extended timeout in the 3rd period, which is going to be a problem.

I think there needs to be a stronger deterrent to using it for frivolous purposes like that - then it's more impactful when it's actually used for the situations that it really is needed for.

Alumni
Date:

Even when they're right, I just feel like they really slow down the game and I dunno if I like the goals that get called back because they're offside. Unless it's super blatant, if the linesman doesn't call it, live with it. We've been living with it for the past X years. It's become another 'skate in the crease' affair I'm afraid.

Feel free to disagree with me, I'd like to hear some more pros/cons for this.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.