Date:
RE: The Rookies..

tjlincoln wrote:

Wikstrand has made GMBM mad-- Beer league blast 😎

Worse -- grocery store clerk blast....  disbelief

Alumni
Date:

yup, GMBM wasn't happy at all.

“He disappeared yesterday without telling us,” said Murray. “I guess he let (assistant GM) Randy (Lee) know when he was at the airport.”

I have all the options,” said Murray. “He just can’t play hockey. I told him he could go back and be a grocery clerk, he could play in the beer leagues, but he could not play hockey in any shape or form (professionally) if he doesn’t play with the Ottawa organization, and that’s the way it will be.

He would have been better off showing up late.

Matt Puempel went down during drills with an apparent left arm/shoulder/wrist injury.  Hope it's not too serious.

-- Edited by Homer on Friday 25th of September 2015 02:33:54 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Wikstrand has made GMBM mad-- Beer league blast 😎

Alumni
Date:

Don't quit your day job

Timmies Rookies

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Max McCormick is, in the words of Luke Richardson (who was acting as coach for the rookie tournament), a forward version of Borocop: not the biggest guy but solid, big enough, and 'plays with no fear between the ears'.   He could turn out to be the next guy who opposing team D are looking over their shoulder for when going into their corner to get the puck.    A valuable tool in the bottom six.

Like !!

"McCormick" is has that cop's name ring to it.  

Alumni
Date:

Max McCormick is, in the words of Luke Richardson (who was acting as coach for the rookie tournament), a forward version of Borocop: not the biggest guy but solid, big enough, and 'plays with no fear between the ears'.   He could turn out to be the next guy who opposing team D are looking over their shoulder for when going into their corner to get the puck.    A valuable tool in the bottom six.

Rookie
Date:

I think the team is pretty much set. As always there will be injuries of some kind and these guys are going to get a chance but they are not top players for sure. In fact other than our two first rounders from this year there is not much depth in Binghamton. The Senators drafted well but the cleanup also robbed that teams of it's stars. This years picks will replenish the cupboard so to speak if they are not sent back to junior. Having said that the Senators did sign a couple of rugged veterans for Bingo to protect the latest crop of kids. 

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Puemple & Lindberg looked awesome up to now. Not seeing Max McCormick until this, I'm impressed with him

Puemple may not be better than a 3rd liner, but that's ok.

Alumni
Date:

So the rookies are opening up their camp and play the leafs rookies Friday night. 

Who will stick around for the main camp and who will push for a spot?  How many spots are up for grabs?

Puempel and Prince are both 22 and drafted in 2011.  Is their their year to make the team?

Alex Guptill, who was part of the Spezza trade, is 23 and was drafted in the 2010 class

Nick Paul, also part of the Spezza trade is 20 and was drafted in 2013.

Buddy Robinson is 23 and signed as a FA.  Good size and a great name, but can he make he team?

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.