Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: GameCenter from NHL--Is it worth Buying?

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: GameCenter from NHL--Is it worth Buying?

Agent Orange wrote:

I have to cheat to get around the blackouts as I am currently in the home market for the Sabres, Rangers, Islanders, and Devils.  But there's a cheap service for that.

Oof that's rough... that's what happens I guess when you don't live 800km away from the next market team. (In my case that would be Minnesota)

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Couldn't one use the HDMI output on a lappy to connect a computer to a TV and view the Game Centre feed that way?

I'm not surprised that the NHL/Rogers separate the accessible technologies into different packages, but it does disappoint me. 

I'd bet you are right Kardinal about the HDMI thingy.  I don't know how to do that.  But I'm getting Game Centre based on Canuck's and now AO's recommendation.   thanks guys.

Alumni
Date:

Couldn't one use the HDMI output on a lappy to connect a computer to a TV and view the Game Centre feed that way?

I'm not surprised that the NHL/Rogers separate the accessible technologies into different packages, but it does disappoint me. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

What is the difference between Game Centre and Centre Ice?      I've never understood why they have two different products that seem to do the same thing??

I agree with you on that.  Centre Ice is for only your TV, and Game Centre is for computer, tablets and phones only.  You'd think if you buy the Centre Ice package for your TV they'd let u see it also on computers but NO.  It's the NHL. MLB does the same thing.  NFL lets u do both I believe.

AppleTV has a native app for it as well.  I've had Gamecenter for the last 2 years.  Much better over Center Ice in my area as every game is in HD and you can actually watch the Sens broadcast feed rather than the away team feeds (in the States).

I have to cheat to get around the blackouts as I am currently in the home market for the Sabres, Rangers, Islanders, and Devils.  But there's a cheap service for that.

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

What is the difference between Game Centre and Centre Ice?      I've never understood why they have two different products that seem to do the same thing??

I agree with you on that.  Centre Ice is for only your TV, and Game Centre is for computer, tablets and phones only.  You'd think if you buy the Centre Ice package for your TV they'd let u see it also on computers but NO.  It's the NHL. MLB does the same thing.  NFL lets u do both I believe.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

The picture quality is often phenomenal and you'll have no blackouts on sens games down there :) I don't know what that cost is though.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Sorry tj... I do Centre Ice, but not Game Centre, so I can't help you.

You should look into whether it's accessible from overseas or not, though. It might be restricted.

Thx Kat,  I was pirating the sites from over overseas.  So with Game Centre I should be able to now watch a clear picture on my phone or tablet.

Confident Fan
Date:

canuck wrote:

I've had Game Center this past season for free as Rogers had it as a promotion. It was glorious! I loved it

Thanks a lot Canuck, that's the answer I was hoping for.  I'll pay the money if it works.

Jedi Master
Date:

Sorry tj... I do Centre Ice, but not Game Centre, so I can't help you.

You should look into whether it's accessible from overseas or not, though. It might be restricted.

Alumni
Date:

I've had Game Center this past season for free as Rogers had it as a promotion. It was glorious! I loved it

Confident Fan
Date:

Nobody bought this damn thing?

Confident Fan
Date:

I'm thinking of not buying Center Ice since I'm on the road so much and I can't really see anything on the ancient laptop when pirating signals from Europe.

Please let me know and thanks

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 3rd of August 2015 09:33:43 PM

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.