Remember Me  

Topic: Off season Sens news.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Off season Sens news.

Homer wrote:

Last bit of off season news.  EK has cut his hair

Erik Karlsson cut his "flow" but didn't completely shave off his hair.

Now if Cowen can do the same.

I saw women crying all over town today, couldn't figure out why. Now I know.

Alumni
Date:

Last bit of off season news.  EK has cut his hair

Erik Karlsson cut his "flow" but didn't completely shave off his hair.

Now if Cowen can do the same.

Alumni
Date:

From the "is anyone really surprised" category: Ottawa Senators likely to draw more people to games near downtown, poll finds

I wonder if the question included "by the way, you can't drive to the game".    As Alfie would say, probably not.

Alumni
Date:

There was an interesting discussion on the radio the other day about Alfie, and how he probably won't be back living in Ottawa for another year or two due to tax reasons.   We'll have to see.   In the meantime, we'll be satisfied with him commuting on a regular basis.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alfie officially back with Sens: http://www.tsn.ca/sens-officially-hire-alfredsson-as-senior-advisor-of-hockey-operations-1.362334.

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensDawg wrote:

Confirmed: Cotton Eye Joe is a buzzkill even for the Sens players on the bench (Marc Methot's own words on the new Sens podcast).

i rest my case.

could they play that during a shoot-out?? 

Alumni
Date:

SensDawg wrote:

Confirmed: Cotton Eye Joe is a buzzkill even for the Sens players on the bench (Marc Methot's own words on the new Sens podcast).

i rest my case.

Alumni
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Chris Philips probably will not be ready for the beginning of the season. You wonder if he will be able to get back to a level where he will be able to play at all anymore.

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/sports/senators-defenceman-chris-phillips-questionable-1.2549125

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Alfie returning to Sens:

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/alfredsson-to-officially-join-senators-front-office-report

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alfie returning to Sens:

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/alfredsson-to-officially-join-senators-front-office-report

Pan
Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Havlat is a left winger according to NHL.com, so if he were to make the team, where would he play?   I currently see the lineup as something like this:

MacArthur - Turris - Stone

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan

Michalek - Pageau - Lazar

Greening - ZSmith - Neil/Chiasson

This doesn't take into account anyone else making the team out of camp, like Shane Prince (a left winger).   I can't see Havlat replacing either MacArthur or Hoffman, and he's too fragile for 3rd/4th line work, so I'm guessing this is a goodwill gesture to a former player / veteran who's "looking for a chance to impress", rather like Bertuzzi's PTO with the Sens. 

He's also 34 years old, and those have been hard years on his body.

Agree completely Kardinal, I got to watch him for 2-3 years with Sharks and the older he got the worse he's got.  I'll be shocked first off if he makes the team and second off if he stays healthy for more than 2 weeks.   He could never stay healthy except in Chicago for a couple of years. 

He once separated his shoulder when he was playing in Chicago by throwing a punch & missing.   

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Havlat is a left winger according to NHL.com, so if he were to make the team, where would he play?   I currently see the lineup as something like this:

This doesn't take into account anyone else making the team out of camp, like Shane Prince (a left winger).   I can't see Havlat replacing either MacArthur or Hoffman, and he's too fragile for 3rd/4th line work, so I'm guessing this is a goodwill gesture to a former player / veteran who's "looking for a chance to impress", rather like Bertuzzi's PTO with the Sens. 

Agree completely Kardinal, I got to watch him for 2-3 years with Sharks and the older he got the worse he's got.  I'll be shocked first off if he makes the team and second off if he stays healthy for more than 2 weeks.   He could never stay healthy except in Chicago for a couple of years. 

Alumni
Date:

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Me too. Although we're very full on right wing with Stone/Ryan/Lazar/chiasson/Neil, this could be a great small move. If it happens, I have a feeling Lazar goes to Bingo unless they make a trade

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Havlat returning to Sens? If they can get him relatively cheap, I like it.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/report-senators-reach-out-to-martin-havlats-agent-about-training-camp-tryout/ar-BBlSo0R?ocid=mailsignoutmd

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Garrioch on 1200-1500, Versage & Brennan on 1500-1800.   What the did Sens fans do, collectively, to deserve this sort of HELL?

Bah! furious

turn your radio off and come back in late sept.

Alumni
Date:

Garrioch on 1200-1500, Versage & Brennan on 1500-1800.   What the did Sens fans do, collectively, to deserve this sort of HELL?

Bah! furious

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

An added bonus is that none of the recently signed RFAs have been in the news about being part of an ongoing police investigation.  

*oh, shut the **** up!* - L.A. Kings.

Alumni
Date:

An added bonus is that none of the recently signed RFAs have been in the news about being part of an ongoing police investigation.  

1 2 36  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.