Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Thoughts and Prayers out to Eugene Melnyk

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Thoughts and Prayers out to Eugene Melnyk

Very good news. Hope all goes well with his recovery.

Confident Fan
Date:

CANADIAN PRESS MAY 19, 2015, 8:53 PM
TORONTO — Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk underwent a successful liver transplant, the team announced Tuesday night.

The Senators said Melnyk and the anonymous donor are doing well and resting comfortably at Toronto General Hospital.

The team announced last week that Melnyk was in need of a live liver transplant and put 12 people through a screening process.

Melnyk went into surgery at noon Eastern time, and it was completed at 8:05 p.m., the Senators said.

The Senators said there would be no further update Tuesday night but that the University Health Network's Multi-Organ Transplant Program will update Melnyk and the donor's progress later this week.

Very good news so far

Jedi Master
Date:

Very sad indeed. Last I heard, they had over 1000 inquiries from people wanting to know how they can be tested. Hopefully a match will come of this... and more importantly, at least some of those people will be willing to go on the donor list, and maybe be a match for someone else out there.

Confident Fan
Date:

I just heard today on podcasts from Ian Mendes show today about his life and death situation and the need of a liver donor and right away.  This organization has had some real tough times with Asst. Coach passing and Bryan Murray's cancer and now this.

From the way Cyril Leeder spoke today if Mr. Melnyk doesn't get a transplant and soon he'll never leave that hospital in Toronto alive.   Very sobering news that's for sure.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.