Remember Me  

Topic: NHL playoffs round 3: general discussion thread

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: NHL playoffs round 3: general discussion thread

senior wrote:
SensDawg wrote:

I don't understand why the regret over Bishop.  The guy loses his net more than Lehner (that's saying something), and got exposed many times this playoffs.  Alas, the team in front of him is lights out.

The only difference between him and Lehner is that Lehner has a much shorter fuse so when he gets bumped around the crease he gets rattled.  I didn't see Bishop get rattled by bumps but he did look rattled against the Habs and Rangers a few times.

Well for one thing Bishop is now a proven NHL starter. Lehner has not proved himself to be anything more than a good backup. Secondly, Bishop has played great all season and now has his team in the Stanley Cup finals. And Bishop is really good in shootouts.

However I was ok with them trading Bishop because we have a number one goalie. We couldn't keep both. But I sure wish we could have gotten something decent in return.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensDawg wrote:

I don't understand why the regret over Bishop.  The guy loses his net more than Lehner (that's saying something), and got exposed many times this playoffs.  Alas, the team in front of him is lights out.

The only difference between him and Lehner is that Lehner has a much shorter fuse so when he gets bumped around the crease he gets rattled.  I didn't see Bishop get rattled by bumps but he did look rattled against the Habs and Rangers a few times.

Well for one thing Bishop is now a proven NHL starter. Lehner has not proved himself to be anything more than a good backup. Secondly, Bishop has played great all season and now has his team in the Stanley Cup finals. And Bishop is really good in shootouts.

However I was ok with them trading Bishop because we have a number one goalie. We couldn't keep both. But I sure wish we could have gotten something decent in return.

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Hahaha..... that makes me even more sad.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Sigh.... remind me again why we traded away Big Ben?

To get Tobias Lindberg?

Jedi Master
Date:

Sigh.... remind me again why we traded away Big Ben?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I really want a Tampa Bay - Chicago final. New York - Anaheim could be boring as heck.

Confident Fan
Date:

Is Jonathan Toews any good? Is he a winner and clutch player?

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

SOG in the 2nd period were CAN 14 RUS 1. Pure pwnage.

hegemonyov!

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

hegemonyov!

Alumni
Date:

In other news, Ducks up 1-0 after the 1st period. HNIC tonguebathing Perry and Getzlaf during the intermission.

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Not a 3rd round update, but Canada is dominating Russia 4-0 in the World Championships. That's a good thing

Alumni
Date:

The first games of both series are going to be afternoon affairs.    While some on Twitter have a hissy fit, I'd like to point out that the NBA playoffs take priority on US networks and they are getting late in the round (ie/ elimination games are possible) so they aren't going to bump those for hockey. 

It's only the first game of the series that you'll miss.......GO OUTSIDE AND ENJOY THE WEEKEND!!

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.