Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Playoff game 1: Senators @ Canadiens 1900h EDT CBC, TVA, NHL-US

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Playoff game 1: Senators @ Canadiens 1900h EDT CBC, TVA, NHL-US

Kardinal wrote:

It isn't about knowing the rules, it's about how hockey makes them feel.   It's emotion, not logic or common sense.

I figured it out.  Some co-workers from Montreal were up in Ottawa this week.  Of course they didn't think that Subban deserved 5 and a game, let alone a suspension, and feel that Stone embellished it after the slash.  They actually said, "He sold it and that's part of the game"

So to them diving is literally part of the game and acceptable  Since their players dive at the slightest touch, they assume that every other team does it as well.

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

It isn't about knowing the rules, it's about how hockey makes them feel.   It's emotion, not logic or common sense.

It's about alcohol. 

Alumni
Date:

Regular
Date:

I'm staggered by how such a "passionate" fan base, that the Habs have, can know so little about the rules governing the game. 

Sorry, I was just reading Kerry Fraser's latest article. 

Jedi Master
Date:

So here's the thing... Stone being injured sucks. It truly does. BUT it is actually a valid point that we don't know for sure when the microfracture occurred. It was PROBABLY the slash. But there was the scrum at the end of the game... for that matter, those things can go undetected, especially in a professional athlete.

It happened, Subban is a rat, and it's time to move on.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

No surprise that buttman and the nhl did nothing. They want Suban on the ice for ratings and they want montreal, not Ottawa to win the series. And I also believe they are afraid of what the habs fans might do if suban is suspended. The could quite possibly riot, especially if they lose the series. Maybe it's time to put Neil in the line up if he's ready to go. Suban is afraid of him. Last series he and Neil had a couple of run in and old pk was totally ineffective the rest of the series.

Alumni
Date:

But apparently the league is doing nothing to Subban. That's complete BS after they suspended Byfuglien for a similar offense and the player wasn't even hurt. I'm with TJ that Montreal is my new Toronto

Confident Fan
Date:

Blatant intent to injure and it worked!!

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Stone has a micro-fracture in his arm.  Status unsure for remainder of the 1st round.  Even if he plays, he will not even be close to 100%.  No suspension for Subban.

tj is not going to like this.

That's an understatement but just saw a tweet from Montreal radio host that maybe it was the dust up at the end of the game or somewhere in between the slash.  It's amazing how if u are a fan of a team u can rationalize anything.  That's unless it had been Neil doing the same thing to Gallagher or Markov and I'm sure he would say the same thing of blaming it on the victim too

Alumni
Date:

Stone has a micro-fracture in his arm.  Status unsure for remainder of the 1st round.  Even if he plays, he will not even be close to 100%.  No suspension for Subban.

tj is not going to like this.

Alumni
Date:

We'll have to see what comes of last night's game.

Stone injured?

PK suspended?

Cameron fined for violating the "player safety 48 hour rule", aka "the Shanny rule" (teams will make no official comment for 48 hours after an event and no attempt to influence league justice either privately or publicly)?

Lineup changes?

I do have to say that Ceci had a bad game last night.   5-46 didn't look like a strong pairing, but Wiercioch was the better of the two.   I don't want to see Cowen in yet, but I was a bit surprised that we didn't see Ceci-Boro for a few shifts to settle things down (they were accustomed to playing together in Bingo).

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Based on the social media response, I'm glad I muted CBC from halfway through the 2nd onwards.

I, for one, was disappointed with how biased HNIC was towards the Habs.  I was hoping, even thinking, that without Bob Cole the bias would be a bit less demonstrative.   I was wrong.    Rogers is continuing the proud HNIC tradition of being biased towards Toronto and Montreal.

Alumni
Date:

Ouch, I don't know what got me the Headache: the beers, the game or the lack of sleep. I might try it again Friday but there's no way I can keep this up for 6 or 7 games. Not even talking about another round here. Without having seen it, I'd say we can win the next one.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Just saw the Sens coach interview after game and he's as pissed as I am about that jackass Subban.

Yeah, Cameron drawing a line in the sand with the NHL.  Love it.

as much as I liked it, that might not have been the best thing to say.

Yeah, your right.  Cameron was really pissed and hot though

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Jesus...... Might be time for Andy to come in.

The D let a 4th liner walk in all alone....

And he let in another soft goal.  He's been great - but he's not tonight.   

I'm not sure I'd call that soft but that's just me

TWSS

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Just saw the Sens coach interview after game and he's as pissed as I am about that jackass Subban.

as much as I liked it, that might not have been the best thing to say.

Confident Fan
Date:

I'm now sorry and apologize for ever pulling for Montreal when they would play Boston

Confident Fan
Date:

this is a quote from a Habs fan:

"Stone is back, next thing we'll learn is that stupid assistant coach didn't even have cancer"

Would even a Leaf fan say something that totally insensitive? This team and fans are pathetic

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Alumni
Date:

If Subban apologists wonder why ref was so fast to throw PK out, might have something to do with him diving/embarrassing them all year.

1 2 312  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.