Remember Me  

Topic: Game 75: Panthers vs Senators 1700h

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Game 75: Panthers vs Senators 1700h

canuck wrote:

It ain't over yet.

Doesn't get much worse than 1 point out of possible 6 in last 3 games...  so let's assume they got THAT out of the way and push onwards.

yeah but it was the Leafs, a team whose own fans can't stand the players on their own team. Dammit

Alumni
Date:

It ain't over yet.

Doesn't get much worse than 1 point out of possible 6 in last 3 games...  so let's assume they got THAT out of the way and push onwards.

Alumni
Date:

This team was nowhere near bad enough to effectively tank. Even before the winning streak it was figured that they'd finish with the 9-11th overall pick. Even after the winning streak they are currently sitting at 13th overall.

I'd rather take the winning streak and some hope for the future rather than a pick 2-4 spots higher as they had no shot to be top 5.

Alumni
Date:

Too bad it's too late for tanking now.

I don't know what to think now. Has this surge been worth it? It has surely been entertaining, but then what. No high pick, no exciting (and money making) playoffs, management that almost certainly thinks we're nearly there yet... Sigh.
I know a high pick alone doesn't cause salvation for this team. But you just now that stinking bunch of compost is going to get either McDavid or Eichel and had a big hand in eliminating us from the playoffs. That sure sucks, because it always has to be them... and we all know what a bunch of high picks can mean for the fortunes of a team.

Well maybe now they are out of a wild card spot again, maybe they have something to fight for again. But it's not in their own hands anymore.

(Notice how I've switched to 'they' and 'them' again. Funny how that works).

Alumni
Date:

The game started at 6 AM local time and I am not really a morning person so I missed it.

With these back-to-back losses, our playoff chances have dropped to something like 25%. The chance that I will be in a bad mood for the rest of the week has jumped to about 87% though. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

while reading the reasons below on this thread why we think they've hit this slump after moving into 8th we are forgetting the 3 main injuries that happened to the inspiration to all this in Hammond and the 2 skaters in Michalek and Puempel. That's 3 really important pieces gone that affects chemistry and a winning dynamic.
You lose the inspiration of the Hamburglar and 9MM who was playing back to his 30 goal season of a couple of years ago along with the jump and scoring of Puempel and there's a tangible reason for the downturn in performance.
Injuries are a part of the game and they do affect performance that's why when everyone wants to trade somebody because we have a surplus check yourselves because in contact sports you need all the depth you can keep.

A very fair point. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally 10m10 minutes ago
Karlsson: "the last 3 games we failed to show up."
"The past few games it looks like we don't deserve ****."

And there's also this from EK65

Confident Fan
Date:

while reading the reasons below on this thread why we think they've hit this slump after moving into 8th we are forgetting the 3 main injuries that happened to the inspiration to all this in Hammond and the 2 skaters in Michalek and Puempel. That's 3 really important pieces gone that affects chemistry and a winning dynamic.
You lose the inspiration of the Hamburglar and 9MM who was playing back to his 30 goal season of a couple of years ago along with the jump and scoring of Puempel and there's a tangible reason for the downturn in performance.
Injuries are a part of the game and they do affect performance that's why when everyone wants to trade somebody because we have a surplus check yourselves because in contact sports you need all the depth you can keep.

Rookie
Date:

Boston 2-1 ot win. darn.

Alumni
Date:

We're #9! We're #9! Wooo!

Alumni
Date:

image.jpg

Attachments
Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Oh well. Time to pull out the golf clubs.

Jedi Master
Date:

Ugh.

Jedi Master
Date:

Was that a Filet-O-Fish?

Jedi Master
Date:

DAMN. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN.

Alumni
Date:

I will continue to refrain from watching as they have clearly been doing better since I moved on to other things.

Alumni
Date:

Lol. Love how Erik had his glove to his mouth after being hit in back of helmet. 

Jedi Master
Date:

SENS PP!!! OMG!!

Jedi Master
Date:

JGP!!! 3-2!

Alumni
Date:

I'm just going to start going for whatever team jagr is on this month. As a Sens fan, it's much easier on my nerves.

-- Edited by Russell on Sunday 29th of March 2015 07:35:03 PM

1 2 35  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.