Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Trade deadline: what do you want, what do you dread

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Trade deadline: what do you want, what do you dread

SensKat wrote:

Big Brucie is reporting that GMBM is telling teams calling about Cowen that he 'isn't likely going anywhere'. Hmmmmmm

Hope not. I think he will develop into a real good d-man in a couple of years. He's got all the tools and has made a lot of progress this year.

Alumni
Date:

Could GMBM be going after Patrick Sharp?  Breaking news on Patrick Sharp

I don't care if the story is true or not; I'm not interested.

Jedi Master
Date:

Big Brucie is reporting that GMBM is telling teams calling about Cowen that he 'isn't likely going anywhere'. Hmmmmmm

Confident Fan
Date:

just saw that Phaneuf was almost traded to Detroit but Toronto wanted nothing to do with Weiss. Heatley just traded to Florida, that makes the Panthers a dangerous team moving forward.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 28th of February 2015 01:41:08 PM

Jedi Master
Date:

I don't expect a lot of movement from this team. We don't have a lot of valuable pieces that other teams would want right now, although there are a couple of guys that might get some interest.... but they are the ones we need to hang onto.

Moving out some of the dead weight would be nice, but I can't see anyone wanting any of our dead weight.

Murray has traditionally not been super active at the deadline. A couple of big trades in the days leading up if a great deal was on the table, but trade deadline is not really his thing.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
 I guess trading them for some warm weather would be too much to ask then.

I try to set realistic expectations, but feel free do pie-in-the-sky dream if you want to. ;)

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

- if any deal can be found for Greening or Legwand I'm fine with a case of mumps-infected used water bottles in return

I guess trading them for some warm weather would be too much to ask then.

Alumni
Date:

In a recent interview with TSN's James Duthie (you can listen to it here), GMBM says that he's talked to a few teams about a few guys.   He's not interested in a pending UFA, but he's looking to upgrade for the future.     He's doesn't think he has to move a D, but he would be open to it if the right deal was open.   He hasn't ruled out anything, including trading Chris Neil, but doesn't envision adding anything unless the right deal comes along.

He's still in the market for a top 6, but not certain if it's a C or a W that he's looking for.   He's hot on Zibby to see if he turns out.   C or W that could play in top 3 or 6, he's pursue it.     Hammond is not, but he's also interested in Matt O'Connor (FA goalie from BU) as well.

What are your thoughts?

- I don't want to see Condra traded; I want him re-signed.

- I would like to see a D moved, preferably Wiercioch or Gryba (or both).

- other players I'm okay to see move on (not saying move them, just okay with them moving): JGP, Hammond, Chiasson, ZSmith

- if any deal can be found for Greening or Legwand I'm fine with a case of mumps-infected used water bottles in return

- I DON'T want to see a top 6 forward signed, unless it's a bonafide #1C.  I like our wingers right now and want to give Stone and Hoffman more opportunity, not less. 

- No Oleg Saprykin/Tyler Arnason/Peter Bondra trades, please.

- I'd like a big bag of money, and a unicorn in a rainbow camo paint scheme.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.