Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Globe and Mail article by non-hockey writer stirrs some, causes yawns with others

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Globe and Mail article by non-hockey writer stirrs some, causes yawns with others

Well that was a lot of reading for a Saturday afternoon.

The original article is clearly a load of bull. I mean... why aren't Sens fans as frustrated as Leafs or Oilers fans? Well.... let's see. A couple of tough seasons compared to over a decade of bad hockey in either of those markets.

Some people probably forget just how spoiled we were as Sens fans having such a competitive team for so many years. But EVERY team goes through these downward trends. It's when they last for years and years that you have reason to worry.

Alumni
Date:

And there's always this, just to stir debate. . image.jpg

-- Edited by Russell on Saturday 21st of February 2015 05:05:01 PM

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

The way I look at this season is that each game, I get to watch karlsson, Ceci, methot,Ryan, Hoffman, lazar and stone. I'm pretty happy about that. 

Alumni
Date:

As additional reference material, here is a letter written in 2011 by the author of the first article, on G&M letterhead stationary, to Cyril Leeder:  Jeff Simpson reacts to comments from Melnyk and Murray.

Alumni
Date:

The article in question: Eugene Melnyk helped Senators slide further into mediocrity

It's pretty inflammatory, it's rehashing a lot of old stuff, and doesn't seem to really have a point to it.    I got into a "discussion" about it on Twitter this morning (it wasn't very interesting, trust me) and I was going to summarize and shred it until someone did a better job than I could in this dissection of it: Jeffrey Simpson's Globe and Mail Article about the Senators is Hot Garbage 

tl;dr    This is pandering garbage and dead content designed to stoke the dissatisfaction of readers without much to look forward the rest of this season. It should be ignored with extreme prejudice.

Have a read, and post your thoughts.   Mine follow the vein of the tl;dr summary from the end of the article, and most of the points made in the second link as well.   I'm a glass half full type, not a let's-smash-the-bottle-and-complain-we've-got-no-whisky type. wink

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.