Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Homer wrote:

Well this won't be solved anytime soon.

Citing losses of more than $1 billion, NHL sues insurers over rejected COVID-19 claims

The players and LARGE escrow payments will go on for years and years and years too

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Thursday 6th of January 2022 02:09:35 PM

Alumni
Date:

Well this won't be solved anytime soon.

Citing losses of more than $1 billion, NHL sues insurers over rejected COVID-19 claims

Jedi Master
Date:

Habs are shutting it down until at least the 7th. The Laval Rocket too. More scheduling nightmare.....

Alumni
Date:

Sens New Year's eve game against Pittsburgh on Friday has now been postponed.  So far Saturday's game in Toronto is still on.

After that Minnesota is scheduled to be in town on Monday the 3rd.

Then a western road trip to Seattle, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg.  Not sure how that wall go.

Alumni
Date:

Here's a podcast I highly recommend. About the crazy goalies from the 80's and 90's. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/when-goalies-were-weird/id1596098764

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

No games on the 27th either now - lots of rescheduling still TBD

There’s a shortage of refs I just read too. I’m sure Russell is deeply concerned with all their health 

you tell me it would make a damn bit of difference if they weren't there. Might be better. 

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

There’s a shortage of refs I just read too. I’m sure Russell is deeply concerned with all their health 

Jedi Master
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Good.. I'm tired of seeing cities held hostage by these massively rich sports companies and bled dry.

Exactly, they just proved in that article this guy who fled Canada because of taxes can afford anything having to do with this arena just with the gains he's made since July on his stock holdings in just 1 company. It's not like any costs of this arena are going to affect any part of his lifestyle for his lifetime. It's selfish and childish. 

Alumni
Date:

Good.. I'm tired of seeing cities held hostage by these massively rich sports companies and bled dry.

Alumni
Date:
Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Agreed on this, I let out a sigh of relief.

Yup, I wonder what other athletes will withdraw from the Olympics.  Will Hockey Canada even try to put a team together or just not send a team?

Alumni
Date:

Agreed on this, I let out a sigh of relief.

Jedi Master
Date:

Official announcement today that the NHL is not going to the Olympics. For once, this is the right decision.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Got the booster today and our Doctor said that the highly contagious nature of this strain means that just about everyone will catch this virus it’s 70x more contagious. Vaccine works and will lesson symptoms and many won’t know they have the virus. The NFL will soon not test players who’ve had all 3 shots if no symptoms. Hopefully it blows thru quickly

If you don't test, you won't get positive cases, if you have no positive cases, you don't need to postpone games.

Did Trump become the commish?

Bigly.

I read today that Brian May from Queen got it despite being double vaxxed and boosted. Said it was still like the worst flu he'd ever had and he's sure it would have been much worse without the jabs. 

Also heard that South Africa, where omicron began, is already showing signs of a decline in cases, which they hope means that although it spreads like crazy, hopefully it burns out quickly as well. fingers crossed. 

Agree Russel.  The NBA and NFL and EPL in England are just going to power thru for now. Watching Portland vs New Orleans on TV and about half the crowd is maskless. I sure as sh*t ain’t getting around anyone without a mask 😷 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Got the booster today and our Doctor said that the highly contagious nature of this strain means that just about everyone will catch this virus it’s 70x more contagious. Vaccine works and will lesson symptoms and many won’t know they have the virus. The NFL will soon not test players who’ve had all 3 shots if no symptoms. Hopefully it blows thru quickly

If you don't test, you won't get positive cases, if you have no positive cases, you don't need to postpone games.

Bigly.

I read today that Brian May from Queen got it despite being double vaxxed and boosted. Said it was still like the worst flu he'd ever had and he's sure it would have been much worse without the jabs. 

Also heard that South Africa, where omicron began, is already showing signs of a decline in cases, which they hope means that although it spreads like crazy, hopefully it burns out quickly as well. fingers crossed. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

As much as it sucks, this was the right decision.

It is.  It should be league wide though, but I think the league fears not being able to start up again.  

Starting back up the 27th after 2 games that might be played tomorrow. 1 tonight. Sure looks like the Olympics are out, especially with going to China. The only good news is if you are vaxxed this highly contagious 😷 strain isn’t filling up the hospitals. Watching outdoor NFL games and very few masks 😷 in the stands. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

As much as it sucks, this was the right decision.

It is.  It should be league wide though, but I think the league fears not being able to start up again.  

« First  <  Page 3  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.