Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

senior wrote:

From RSU page:

Image may contain: 6 people, people playing sports and basketball court

lol so savage

Alumni
Date:

this is REALLY good news.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/new-rule-adds-pressure-nhl-coaches-asking-offside-challenge/

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

From RSU page:

Image may contain: 6 people, people playing sports and basketball court

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

Shane Doan Retires at the age of 652.

I was always conflicted about him. Great player but his unwillingness to leave Phoenix always told me he was ok with losing. That never sat well with me.

made millions, no pressure to win, golf weather year round.  Yeah, I'm sure it was the toughest decision he's had to make. 

yeah, he didn't have it rough, and it was a family decision, as well. I get all that and respect it. But, still.... what's it say about his "winning character"?  

So you were not bitter at all when Alfie left to have a shot, because he was tired of the losing?  

no, not bitter. sad, yes. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

I was always conflicted about him. Great player but his unwillingness to leave Phoenix always told me he was ok with losing. That never sat well with me.

made millions, no pressure to win, golf weather year round.  Yeah, I'm sure it was the toughest decision he's had to make. 

yeah, he didn't have it rough, and it was a family decision, as well. I get all that and respect it. But, still.... what's it say about his "winning character"?  

So you were not bitter at all when Alfie left to have a shot, because he was tired of the losing?  

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Jared Cowen gets a PTO with Colorado

This one made me chuckle when I saw it.  That's the way to crawl out of the basement all right!

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Jared Cowen gets a PTO with Colorado

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Hey Toronto. How do you like them Hot Dogs?

Kessel.JPG

Alumni
Date:

Hey Toronto. How do you like them Hot Dogs?

Kessel.JPG

Attachments
Pie Connoisseur
Date:

They wish:

mistake.jpg

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Sorry ladies:

http://www.tsn.ca/preds-captain-fisher-retires-at-37-1.821228

We'll always have this. Great career, Fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps-rouW_Rf0

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sorry ladies:

http://www.tsn.ca/preds-captain-fisher-retires-at-37-1.821228

Confident Fan
Date:

Breaking News!!!!! John Tavares MAY want to play for the Leafs. Do all young Canadian kids want to grow and play for the Leafs?? It sure seems that way to us non-Canadians.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Marleau signs 3 year deal worth $18.75 million with the leafs.  I wonder what tj thinks about that

He's been declining for awhile, he had a good 2nd half of last season but he was a minus player for a winning team and had bumped down to the 3rd line earlier in the season.  lots of his goals were on the PP since he was still on the 1st PP all year.  Toronto fans I'm betting will be very unhappy paying him 6+M for 3 years.  He may have 1 good season left 

What will be interesting is how he will handle the spotlight Toronto after playing his entire career in SJ, where every minute of his life wan't reported and commented on every single day.

It's really a no lose situation. Money means nothing in Toronto. The lafs have more money than they know what to do with and a ton of room under the cap. They hope he has a year or two left in him and can provide some veteran leadership. If not, they just ship him to the press box or the minors. Either way he'll be gone by the time they need the cap space to pay Mathews.

I hope you are wrong about the cap space for the 3 young forwards they have, I want Marleau's contract to cause all kinds of consternation in Laffs land after they find out he's not worth that money 

Senior's right (man, that hurts!). It doesn't matter if he isn't worth the money. they'll just bury him and even their dumb fans know it. 

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Marleau signs 3 year deal worth $18.75 million with the leafs.  I wonder what tj thinks about that

He's been declining for awhile, he had a good 2nd half of last season but he was a minus player for a winning team and had bumped down to the 3rd line earlier in the season.  lots of his goals were on the PP since he was still on the 1st PP all year.  Toronto fans I'm betting will be very unhappy paying him 6+M for 3 years.  He may have 1 good season left 

What will be interesting is how he will handle the spotlight Toronto after playing his entire career in SJ, where every minute of his life wan't reported and commented on every single day.

It's really a no lose situation. Money means nothing in Toronto. The lafs have more money than they know what to do with and a ton of room under the cap. They hope he has a year or two left in him and can provide some veteran leadership. If not, they just ship him to the press box or the minors. Either way he'll be gone by the time they need the cap space to pay Mathews.

I hope you are wrong about the cap space for the 3 young forwards they have, I want Marleau's contract to cause all kinds of consternation in Laffs land after they find out he's not worth that money 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Hemsky for Radulov move, I think Montreal comes out a little behind in this move with Dallas.

« First  <  Page 6  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.