Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Montreal trades Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelley.

Must be they got tired of getting beat up by Ottawa. Problem is that they don't seem to realize that trading away one of their skilled pieces because Therrien doesn't like him for a top 9-grinder probably won't help in the long run.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Question for everyone:

If Chiarelli is fired in Boston does anyone on here want him back in Ottawa as GM to succeed GMBM?

Better him than Shero.  I'd be a little hesitant based on the cap mess he's created in Boston, but I wonder how much of that is pressure from the Jacobs family to keep the band together for consistent cup runs.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Question for everyone:

If Chiarelli is fired in Boston does anyone on here want him back in Ottawa as GM to succeed GMBM?

in a second.

No stipulation that Kelly come back with him?

Hey, that wouldn't suck! Orrrrrrr, would it?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Question for everyone:

in a second.

Hey, that wouldn't suck! Orrrrrrr, would it?

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Question for everyone:

in a second.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Question for everyone:

in a second.

I second that

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Question for everyone:

in a second.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Mike Comrie officially a douche bag.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Celebrities/2015/02/21/22248371-wenn-story.html

I love how they call him a Ottawa Senators star now that he's a dick, even though he played for like 19 teams.

Good for his ex-wife to be, it shows she has self respect and backbone to not take that kind of crap off a doofus.  Excuse me a douche

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 21st of February 2015 06:27:03 PM

i agree. sincerely, Hillary Clinton.

Confident Fan
Date:

Question for everyone:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

I love how they call him a Ottawa Senators star now that he's a dick, even though he played for like 19 teams.

Good for his ex-wife to be, it shows she has self respect and backbone to not take that kind of crap off a doofus.  Excuse me a douche

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 21st of February 2015 06:27:03 PM

Alumni
Date:

Mike Sillinger? I think I traded him in NHL '97

Alumni
Date:

In order:  EDM, PHI, ARI, OTT, NYI, OTT, EDM, PIT.   

Not quite Mike Sillinger-like, but a lot air miles from changing teams.

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:
Russell wrote:

Especially since he started in the league with the Oilers and went back to them after playing on Long Island.

And was with Phoenix as well, no? 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Especially since he started in the league with the Oilers and went back to them after playing on Long Island.

Alumni
Date:

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

He can demand a trade, but it's up to the team to negotiate a trade they'll accept as well as he will.   If I were the team that was looking to pick up Kessel, I wouldn't be offering much for him, or I'd be asking for compensation for taking the contract off their books.

On a cap hit of $8 million and Ryan is at $7.25, Kessel's contract isn't bad.  Teams with money (hence any contender) could want him but will have to send money back. He can be a 40 goal scorer  

The bad contracts are the Phaneuf and Clarkson contracts which handcuff the team. Phaneuf didn't deserve it and Clarkson's free agency led to the unbreakable structure of his contract. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Hurricanes must love Ontario teams, they beat the Laffs again tonite. Ottawa & Toronto gotta hate them damn Canes

Alumni
Date:

intresting...

So far in Feb. mtl has played 10 games. they lost to arizona, buffalo, edmonton, Ottawa and florida, and they needed ot and a shoot out to beat philly and the laffs, respectively. they have 3 reg wins, against boston, NJ and Detroit. so, out of 10 games, they managed to beat 1 good team in detroit.

they have the best GA in league yet ottawa has scored more goals than mtl. you don't need fancy stats to see that they live and die with Price, and now they are beat up on the blue line.  I smell a pretender. can price carry them to the finals? he'll have to cuz they are not very impressive, otherwise.

-- Edited by Russell on Friday 20th of February 2015 01:06:44 AM

Alumni
Date:

He can demand a trade, but it's up to the team to negotiate a trade they'll accept as well as he will.   If I were the team that was looking to pick up Kessel, I wouldn't be offering much for him, or I'd be asking for compensation for taking the contract off their books.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

If he had any brains he would just demand a trade and get the hell out of Toronto.

« First  <  Page 56  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.