Remember Me  

Topic: things to look for this season

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: things to look for this season

Homer wrote:

Islanders owner:  "It's the last season we have to pay Alexei Yashin"

and the Mike Milbury legacy will forever be buried with that last paycheck to Yashin

Alumni
Date:

Islanders owner:  "It's the last season we have to pay Alexei Yashin"

Pan
Alumni
Date:

I preferred the last 3 minutes of the game instead of the first 5 minutes of last year. Overall same results

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Will the lafs get through the first period without starting a fight?

Well, Lups was probably holding Kadri back, and since Clarkson is playing with a broken orbital bone (from a fight in the pre-season) and the Laffs sent Orr and Frazer to the AHL, they aren't exactly built for the truculence that Burkie thought would be successful.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Will the lafs get through the first period without starting a fight?

Alumni
Date:

Condra and Greening will be in the lineup within the first five games.

Greening isn't going to be traded; if he was, what garbage would fans be willing to take in return? (that's a rhetorical question, as we all know that fans think he's worthless but want "something good" in return for a castoff)

.....and quite frankly, we've no idea what's going to happen.   When JGP made the team last year, everyone was delirious and down on Z-bad.  That's now how it ended up later in the season.   This year won't be any different.

PK doesn't 'stand' in front of the net while play is going on, but he does like to 'mill about' after a whistle and before a faceoff (and the latter would be a perfect time to let a juicy one rip to annoy the opposing goalie).

Veteran
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Unfortunately after the revelations by PKSubban, I'll have to be watching how many times he sets up in front of Anderson and Lehner. If Lehner comes out and kicks his arse we'll now know why.  Especially if he's been eating beans and bacon.

Not sure I understand the context...

Pan
Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Unfortunately after the revelations by PKSubban, I'll have to be watching how many times he sets up in front of Anderson and Lehner. If Lehner comes out and kicks his arse we'll now know why.  Especially if he's been eating beans and bacon.

FFS he's a defenceman.  How often does he literally stand in front of the net!

Confident Fan
Date:

Alumni
Date:

on saturday, i was watching the mtl-sens game and Borocop got just a ridiculous call against him. all that went through my mind was, " oh yeah, that sh*t. here we go again".

Veteran
Date:

Homer wrote:

Who's looking forward to the great officiating we will see this season?

and lets not forget @Capital_Gains65 and his Photoshop skills.

Did you see that Rogers announced new in-game cams?  Some including ref cams?  That might be interesting to watch how a ref may have missed a call (if we're allowed to see that kind of thing).

Alumni
Date:

Who's looking forward to the great officiating we will see this season?

and lets not forget @Capital_Gains65 and his Photoshop skills.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

labru wrote:

If Condra is placed on waivers, don't be surprised if he's being scooped up in a second by 'the Nephew from Buffalo'.

That's one reason why I think it could be interesting to see what happens if they put Greening on waivers.  Just see if someone will pick up that contract. Just for fun

Alumni
Date:

If Condra is placed on waivers, don't be surprised if he's being scooped up in a second by 'the Nephew from Buffalo'.

Alumni
Date:

You know I wanted to say Babs#!t :)

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Ok. We need to fix the sensoring on this site. Hilarious edit there

Alumni
Date:

Speaking of the Paulrus, I really think he's on the hotseat this year. I hope the team can at least show a bit of promise, because otherwise we'll have another coach before we know it. And I'm affraid that ain't gonna be Bab****.

Alumni
Date:

I think the sens will be better than most think. not great, middle of the pack, but not the worst.

I think the first month will be unsettled as the team re-discovers itself post-spezza and learns their new roles. then they should settle in to a simpler, safer system. 

#1 thing i'm looking for is for them to learn to get the puck out of their zone safely. 75% of that is coaching, imo. i really think the problem was Stache's "puck possession" system. the players were trying to always make a play instead of just clearing when in trouble. sometime, safer is better. Just my theory. clean that up, they fix half their problems.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.