Remember Me  

Topic: GAME DAY! Pre-season game 1 @1300EDT

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: GAME DAY! Pre-season game 1 @1300EDT

Homer wrote:

....and Kardinal's natural position on the ice

Let's not rush things!   It may be the beginning of hunting season (fresh partridge last weekend..mmmmm!), but there is still open-water fishing before everything freezes.

For the record: I prefer a hut when I'm ice fishing.  There's no reason to not be comfortable after a 1km walk out onto the ice. ;)

Alumni
Date:

You know, we've a rather warped sense of what constitutes bravery these days.  I
mean, even David Beckham is called a 'hero' for scoring a penalty.  But when you
look at VC winners and hear their stories, well....enough said.  - Jeremy Clarkson

Terry Fox and Earnest 'Smokey' Smith will always be  better 'heroes' or role models than 99.49% of players of any sport.  Neither one is any sort of 'perfect person', but their character and actions stand out from the rest of the world.  Professional athletes/actors/musicians are simply people who are paid well to do well at a very public job.

Alumni
Date:

....and Kardinal's natural position on the ice

icefishing.jpg

Pan
Alumni
Date:

The fact that Michalek is less than 30 baffles me. And I'm 13 days older than Legwand which means that only PHILLIPS and Neil are older. It's kind of weird not having hockey players as heroes any more and looking at them as a source of entertainment. #welcometoyourKardinalyears

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

This is Russell's natural position.

drinking-beer-pic-pa-22047104.jpg

You say that like its a bad thing.  

Alumni
Date:

No more TV for Dean.  He has signed a 7 year deal with TSN1200 to do radio work.   He said on the radio last week that he was offered a spot doing MTL home games for local broadcasts and HNIC, but that would have been a crapload of travelling every weekend and a couple of times a week, so for quality of life reasons he's staying here in Ottawa and back on the radio. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal, does this mean Dean and Gord are no longer on TV at all?  that is too bad for me with CenterIce.  Thanks for the tidbits too. smile

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

That's one of those new yoga poses isn't it?  I think it's called the "refresh" pose.

Dean & Gord on the radio doing a Sens game.   Man, what a great way to spend a Monday afternoon, and there will be another game this evening.   I can't find any evidence of it being on TV anywhere.

Alumni
Date:

Tidbit from Gord & Dean:  there are only 6 players over 30 at camp, and only 3 are regular NHLers: Neil, Phillips, Legwand (other three are Aaron Johnson, Brad Mills and ???).  Michalek won't be 30 until December 2014.

Wearing an A today: Michalek, Phillips, Smith.

Injury report: Methot (has been skating), Ryan (has been skating). 

Alumni
Date:

drinking-beer-pic-pa-22047104.jpg

Alumni
Date:

Gord Wilson on TSN1200: 

Bobby Ryan:  looks fine; he scored a highlight reel goal during the healthy scratch workout today.

Curtis Lazar: his opportunity to enjoy the most success would be as a C, but he'll move to the wing at some point in this camp.   Coach wants to see him in his natural position first.

Alumni
Date:

I haven't seen it diagnosed as a concussion, but I did hear/see it mentioned that Ryan and Turris had a coming-together yesterday and Ryan got caught on the chin so he was held out of the rest of the inter-squad game as a precaution.

Michalek - Zbad - Chiasson (9-93-90) could be the "nine line"; they were playing together in the inter-squad game.

Alumni
Date:

Other player notes:

Alex Grant won't be playing today.
Derek Grant won't be playing today.
Marc Methot won't be playing today.

Bobby Ryan skated this morning.

Anderson / Lehner will split the evening game.

Confident Fan
Date:

saw it may be a concussion, is that it? (Ryan absence)

Alumni
Date:

According to the early morning game day skate (they were on the ice around 0830h):  

Fwds:

MacArthur - Turris - Stone

Greening - Legwand - Condra

Puempel - Lazar - Thompson

McCormick - Paul - Mills

Def:

Karlsson - Claesson

Gryba - Borowiecki

Mullen - Harpur

G:

Hammond

(NB: Ryan won't be playing in either game today)

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.