Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: 2014-2015 Sens Schedule

Post Info
Happier about the Sens schedule this season (compared to last season)? [2 vote(s)]

Yes
100.0%
No
0.0%
Alumni
Date:
RE: 2014-2015 Sens Schedule

Pan wrote:

The only really disappointing thing is that I can't do the Cali road trip this year :(

Instead of opening the season in Sweden, they're going to Columbia this year? confuse

Pan
Alumni
Date:

The only really disappointing thing is that I can't do the Cali road trip this year :(

Alumni
Date:

I'm happy to have fewer weekend games in the afternoon, as game watching usually meant an afternoon of not being able to get anything else done and a lack of passion about the game leading to lousy game summaries.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

To be honest, I think 3 is too few with families but whatever, they'll be packed now. I also noticed that we have 1 home game against Toronto on the Saturday and none against Montreal. I have a feeling this was a push to make those games more entertaining for Sens fans and not have hammered ****roaches.
Last season's Saturday games were 100% driven by the tv money. That's not a factor and the concessions were poorly attended.

Jedi Master
Date:

Trust me, those afternoon games were probably twice as annoying for me as for most of you.... it feels wrong to be watching the Sens play at 11am.

Alumni
Date:

It's released today. A lot more Saturday night games. A lot fewer afternoon games. Emphasis on Thursdays and Saturdays are main home game nights. Well done!

Now... is this Senators listening to their fans after last season? Or is this Melynk realizing those afternoon games didn't churn in as much revenue (a lot of empty corners in those Sat/Sun afternoon games). I don't want to play negative card here, just tossing that idea out :)

I for one, am very happy!

------

From @Senators twitter today:

Thoughts from #Sens owner @MelnykEugene: We have worked closely with the NHL to develop our schedule with our fans’ interests in mind. The feedback to us from our fans was a desire for more Saturday night home games. We are very happy that our 2014-15 schedule sees a stronger focus on Saturday home games with nine night games and three day games.

Of 41 #Sens home games, 25 take place on Thursday and Saturday with 9 of the 12 Saturday games coming at night.

One of those 3 Saturday afternoon games comes on Hockey Day in Canada when the #Sens host the Oilers.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.