Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off season around the league (other teams)

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Off season around the league (other teams)

Very bad news for Nashville, Fisher very important center man in their lineup. they are goal challenged already

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

NAS: Mike Fisher has ruptured his Achillies tendon and is out 4-6 months.

NAS: Preds have signed the A-Train to 1yr / $1M contract after he was bought out by the Devils.

Ouch, that sucks.....

And hmmm.... not sure how well the A-Train's style of play works with Nashville's, but I guess he's a solid presence in front of the net.

Alumni
Date:

NAS: Mike Fisher has ruptured his Achillies tendon and is out 4-6 months.

NAS: Preds have signed the A-Train to 1yr / $1M contract after he was bought out by the Devils.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

I, for one, am not interested in Grabovski. I'd rather give a young player like Zibanejad a shot at more top 6 minutes than bring in Grabo.

Gryba + Wiercioch for Eric Staal. We get a #1C, we get cap payment we need, we clear up some clutter at the blueline.

What would be Carolina's motivation for that? They can also attract Marc Staal with his brothers there and NYR having Girardi/McDonagh as their 1/2, he's not needed. Chalk it up to a bad year, just like the Sens. Carolina isn't hard up against the cap. 

I do love how Carolina signed Gleason today.  Basically trade him to get Liles, then have  Toronto bug out the bad contract, then get him back for cheaper.  Gold. 

Alumni
Date:

Toronto signs Mike Santorelli and Petri Kontiola.

Meanwhile, David Legwand is still unsigned. I'll bet he's feeling really good about himself right now, watching a 29 yr old who has played in the KHL for 5 seasons get signed before he does.

Alumni
Date:

That's not bad for Vrbata on a two year deal, he is 33 after all.

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

That's an awfully large picture of Phillips pointing

lol - yes it is.  Can't wait until this thread gets to the next page so I can stop scrolling!

As for Vrbata...  It's a bit high.  Here's the latest that Dreger had to say about it:

Seems like a bridge for both Canucks and Vrbata. Pay more, but short term. Good add to Sedin line.

Confident Fan
Date:

That's an awfully large picture of Phillips pointing

Confident Fan
Date:

Kat does that sound reasonable to you for Vrbata? Their were a lot of teams wanting him so the Canucks had to up that offer it looks like to me. Van overpaid for Miller, they were bidding against themselves for him.

Jedi Master
Date:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
2 yrs, $5 mil per for Vrbata to Canucks.

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

SJS sign Jon Scott to 1yr / $750k deal.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Haven't u heard Kardinal the Sharks are in a rebuild.  To be what I'm not sure, maybe they are going to move into MMA or something.  Scott is nothing but a slow skating goon.

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

I, for one, am not interested in Grabovski. I'd rather give a young player like Zibanejad a shot at more top 6 minutes than bring in Grabo.

Gryba + Wiercioch for Eric Staal. We get a #1C, we get cap payment we need, we clear up some clutter at the blueline.

Luckily, the Isles signed Grabovski today, so we are safe there.

Right now I don't have a lot of faith that anything exciting is going to happen.

Alumni
Date:

SJS sign Jon Scott to 1yr / $750k deal.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

C3
Veteran
Date:

Barf. He doesn't need much room cause he's nearly a statue out there. [spoiler]

-- Edited by C3 on Wednesday 2nd of July 2014 11:46:17 AM

Alumni
Date:

C3 wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

More room for our Captain in waiting as well.

Phillips doesn't need much room, but I like your thinking.

C3
Veteran
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

More room for our Captain in waiting as well.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
labru wrote:

Well, now we have the cap space, and there's no none left to sign. At least we didn't overpay.

On the one hand I'm glad we got anything back for Spezza at all, on the other hand the return left me so underwhelmed that I want GMBM to add some more pieces.

Murray said he's working on a trade to bring a "well known" centre to Ottawa.   So we'll see.

And give up more prospects, when a UFA like Grabovski is available? I'd like to know who he's targeting that is significantly better.

Jedi Master
Date:

Nabokov to TB...

Jedi Master
Date:

Boyle to Tampa. 3 years, $2.3m AAV

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 611  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.