0.0%
Hell Yes!
100.0%
Pan
Alumni
Date:
RE: Cody Ceci for Captain Poll

Well...it was Sunday...

Shocked that he didn't bring up the time that EK wouldn't talk to him before games

Alumni
Date:

....and now we have the Ottawa Sun reporting that EK could be the next captain: EK could be the frontrunner to replace Spezza as captain

I really, REALLY hope this is nothing more than Brennan trying to get page views and stirring the pot because he's got nothing else to do right now.

Alumni
Date:

C3 wrote:
I set it up to be exactly that... I assume you didn't vote. Which means this will work like an actual election wink

Until people rise up against me of course.

It sounds more like a Quebec referendum question; don't make me create a Forum Clarity Act™.

C3
Veteran
Date:

senior wrote:

Sounds like one of Harper's new election act changes.

biggrin

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sounds like one of Harper's new election act changes.

C3
Veteran
Date:

SensGab wrote:

Can I ask the obvious?

Where is the "Aww hell no" option in the poll??

Gosh this is like voting in the elections, there's no good option.

I set it up to be exactly that... I assume you didn't vote. Which means this will work like an actual election wink

Until people rise up against me of course.

Alumni
Date:

Can I ask the obvious?
Where is the "Aww hell no" option in the poll??
Gosh this is like voting in the elections, there's no good option.

Alumni
Date:

Turris for captain!

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Why is the car binging?

Alumni
Date:

Phillips will be the next capt., $100 too late for me.

C3
Veteran
Date:

Soooo... Methot for Captain or I riot? And Pan you are now on my list. Or you would be if you couldn't come up with some examples of your own personal stereotype that weren't parallel with the newfie type that you are referring too. Man, now I've confused my own self.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

I guess the stereotypes of Newfies has been proven in this thread ;)

Alumni
Date:

C3 wrote:

Toews, Tavares, Crybaby, Stamkos, Benn, Landeskog all good at what they do. Age is not relevant here.

All those examples were from teams in a total rebuild blow up mode (Toews, Crosby), that lost a longterm captain and were already established in the league (Tavares, Stamkos, Benn) or had ridiculous leadership potential when drafted (Landeskog).  Ceci is none of the above.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Wednesday 11th of June 2014 09:45:35 AM

Alumni
Date:

Ceci was named co-captain of the 67s on Sept 19th 2012, along with Sean Monahan. Ceci got the home games, Monahan the road games. Ceci was traded to Owen sound on January 7th, 2013, having played 42 games for the 67s. For argument's sake, we'll split that and say he was captain for 21 of them. I haven't the energy at the moment to see who among Phillips, Neil, EK, Methot, Zbad, Smith and the rest of the Senators has how many games with a C on their sweater in either junior or the AHL.

Boro and Hoffman wore it this year in Bingo, and I expect both to be in Ottawa this fall.

I don't see Ceci being given a major leadership role for a few years; there are others like Turris (who wore an A at the world championships while playing among some pretty elite level talent) who I expect to be moved in a more formal leadership role first.

C3
Veteran
Date:

ChuckProuse wrote:

He's too young. Just because he's good at what he does doesn't mean he's the best choice to be captain of an NHL team.

Toews, Tavares, Crybaby, Stamkos, Benn, Landeskog all good at what they do. Age is not relevant here.

As evidenced after many years of it being MIA. The Sens truly need to develop an identity. I see him with the C from a pure "build a team around this guy" standpoint. He's something that the Sens have been molding into what they want and need.

I believe that if they are not going to change the "regime" -so to speak- then they need to start giving their investments something more than a shot to skate for a couple of shifts on the big team. Or we can expect to start losing these guys, en masse, when they are inches away from becoming exactly what the Sens need -fresh homegrown.

The years and years of "great player, but poison in the room" really needs to stop. Because, in my experience, "poison in the room" usually means that someone didn't buy into the system that the team was set up to execute. Don't these people get looked at by multiple pairs of eyes on hundreds of hours of video then get interviewed for hours on end?

Lets not forget that dear, dear Ceci has been a Captain before... anyone have the numbers on how long compared to the rest of the current roster?

C3
Veteran
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

I come here to get away from the HFBoard topics. Oh the humanity.

Thank god I have no idea what the HFBoards are right?

Regular
Date:

He's too young. Just because he's good at what he does doesn't mean he's the best choice to be captain of an NHL team.

Alumni
Date:

I think there are quite a number of players much further up the 'seniority' list who have the "future leader" tag on them that will have a letter on their sweater before Ceci. After his role at the World Championships, I wouldn't be surprised to see Turris have an A if one of the current letter holders (Spezza, Phillips, Neil) aren't on the team in the fall.

Alumni
Date:

I come here to get away from the HFBoard topics. Oh the humanity.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Numbers game. We have 8 defencemen already and they're looking for another. Plus you're asking that the guy that has the absolute least amount of games played to become the captain of an NHL team...

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.