Topic: New - old subject. Podcast 25.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: New - old subject. Podcast 25.

OK thanks

Alumni
Date:

Sadly, no, it isn't a new episode, it's some more of the old episodes on the new feed. Specifically, the most recent episodes.

Confident Fan
Date:

Wow!! u guys did a new podcast. That's great

Alumni
Date:

This episode is now up on the new feed, along with several other recent ones. Thanks C!

C3
Veteran
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Maybe we should do a podcast on this!

giphy.gif

Alumni
Date:

Who knows!!!!????? :)

Alumni
Date:

Their finish begs a few questions:

- Will more changes on D make things better than last year, or cause the same start as last season?

- Did Hemsky really make that much difference for Spezza?

- How long can 9MM's knee stay healed/working?

- Next season, will we get goaltending performance somewhere between last season's mediocre and two seasons ago's brilliant?

Lots of questions, and few answers at this point although there are lots of opinions.   Maybe we should do a podcast on this!

C3
Veteran
Date:

I must say that they showed flashes of brilliance throughout the season... but they never turned into the team they were during the 12/13 season until the end.

Alumni
Date:

Thanks for the kind words Senior.

At the time I agreed with Ian Mendes, and I still do. The last 15 games of the season showed the potential this team has, rather than the beginning of the season which really highlighted the struggles and changes that had happened in the off season: change of leadership, young blueline corps, etc. I think everyone will agree that there will be changes via UFAs not returning and possibly via trades, but I'd rather see the young team given a chance to grow together rather than try and patch/bodge/cobble together something to make the playoffs but not be able to do much once they get there.

Alumni
Date:

Thanks and you're most welcome Senior! I too agree with Mendes comments. And defensive zone break outs were horrific especially beginning of season.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Finally got around to listening to no. 25 and got to say Ian Mendes nailed it.  I agree with pretty much every thing he said about the Sens. I agree that the Sens are a better team than we saw this season and would like to see the present group, with one or two changes, given another chance. My big concern is the coaching. It seemed that most of the season the players seemed lost. Especially on defense. For the most part, the Sens are a young team and it is important that the coaches make sure that they understand the system and know what their responsibilities are on the ice. I'm not sure if the Stach is to blame or the assistants. I really believe that is what management have to take a long close look at.

And I would like to thank Canuk, Pan and Kardinal for all the effort they put into the podcasts this season.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.