Remember Me  

Topic: NHL Draft

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: NHL Draft

Homer wrote:
Homer wrote:

Cathy, do you feel old when these kids are getting drafted who's dads you remember playing have been retired for a number of years?

You missed this milestone of feeling old. 

I'm so old that I forgot I hit that milestone 48 minutes ago.

For some reason my car being older was more impactful. lol

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Cathy, do you feel old when these kids are getting drafted who's dads you remember playing have been retired for a number of years?

You missed this milestone of feeling old. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I talk with my hands so I really shouldn't throw stones but...Emily Kaplan talks with her neck and head and it's freaking me out.

lol, this popped up in my timeline again a this week and it cracks me up everytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5wAWyqDrnc

I can only imagine how much the adults around her gesticulate for her to have picked up that much.

Alumni
Date:

There are a couple of "geez, I'm old" milestones related to the draft.

• Hey, he has the same birthday as me...exactly a decade later
  • He's young enough I could *almost* be his mother
  • He *is* young enough I could *be* his mother

And the newest milestone...

• Putain de merde, my CAR is older than him

edit: It's mildly annoying that the draft window allows way more formatting options than the view window. Those were supposed to be nicely formatted bullet points.

-- Edited by Cathy on Friday 23rd of July 2021 10:10:40 PM

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

I talk with my hands so I really shouldn't throw stones but...Emily Kaplan talks with her neck and head and it's freaking me out.

lol, this popped up in my timeline again a this week and it cracks me up everytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5wAWyqDrnc

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I have no idea what to say about this one

Segue...hey Kat, what's the job status? Been thinking about the Employment Trials of SensKat.

Another week off, then back to the original job.  Weird to think that I've been off for a month already!

So too many red flags at the other place? One of the weird ones for me was "We're not getting you a laptop, you'll have to provide your own."

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

He crushes opponents with frequency and is very tough to deal with down low/around the net. He has offense but it won’t pop. He can make skilled plays with the puck through defenders but isn’t a real cerebral player and lacks NHL quickness. He is what he is, and he has a good chance to play in an NHL bottom six if he stays healthy, as he’s been injured several times this past season. (Bit more from Pronman)

Uhh, is that real...or satire?? confuse

they must know something we don't. i hope. 

pfft! they probably can't get a Bingo. 

no Teams that don't know where the true priorities lie.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Segue...hey Kat, what's the job status? Been thinking about the Employment Trials of SensKat.

Another week off, then back to the original job.  Weird to think that I've been off for a month already!

Is "congrats" appropriate? I'm not sure, lol.

I hope they had a moment of realization a'la, "Holy crap, we almost lost her! Things would have gone to hell in a hand basket without her. Let's not unduly torture her with an unachievable workload."

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

He crushes opponents with frequency and is very tough to deal with down low/around the net. He has offense but it won’t pop. He can make skilled plays with the puck through defenders but isn’t a real cerebral player and lacks NHL quickness. He is what he is, and he has a good chance to play in an NHL bottom six if he stays healthy, as he’s been injured several times this past season. (Bit more from Pronman)

From JD Burke with Elite Prospects and does a podcast with Craig Button

Tyler Boucher at No. 10 is absolutely bananas. Industry loves this kid. Saw him going in the first. Scouts, teammates, coaches, they all rave about the kid.

You can maybe justify Boucher near the end of the first. You absolutely cannot justify Boucher at No. 10 overall.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

pfft! they probably can't get a Bingo. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

So when players react at home, is there someone (neutral) with multiple jerseys in a bag?

There was one family with about 8 different hats laid out on the coffee table. FedEx from NHL with 31 hats and jerseys with a note, "Please only remove the tags from the apparel of the team that drafts you." 

that's funny. and probably true. 

The Senators take WHO????

Tyler Boucher: "Who just picked me?  TSN had me ranked at 29."

was he really ranked that low?

Unfortunately he was and even lower on a lot of other boards

head scratcher. you'd think they could have traded way down then. 

4-D chess?

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

So when players react at home, is there someone (neutral) with multiple jerseys in a bag?

There was one family with about 8 different hats laid out on the coffee table. FedEx from NHL with 31 hats and jerseys with a note, "Please only remove the tags from the apparel of the team that drafts you." 

head scratcher. you'd think they could have traded way down then. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.