RE: Habs @ Lightning - Finals Game 5 - Wednesday July 7, 8:00pm

Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

Doesn't look good for the Olympics. 

@BNODesk

BREAKING: Japanese government declares state of emergency in Tokyo due to coronavirus, just 2 weeks before the Olympics

Not good. Games will most likely go ahead but may not be anyone there to watch.

Games are definitely going to go ahead, I expect we'll see major names withdrawn from competition for popping positive or contact exposure though. USA Women Gymnastics has unvaccinated alternates training with the primary squad...after spending the week with masks optional in Missouri for Trials. Emergency Covid response team just sent to Missouri because their numbers are so bad.

A number of golfers have already said they are not going. I suspect there will be more athletes withdraw in the coming days.

Certain sports - golf, tennis - where the Olympics isn't *their* "Olympics" it seems stupid to go. Other sports, where the Olympics is the pinnacle...especially the age-limited sports...gonna be interesting.

Yeah, for the sports that the Olympics is just another tournament, you might see lots opting out. They could have millions at stake when they resume the "pro" tournaments.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:

OMG! How is this woman still walking?

https://twitter.com/M_Letsholonyane/status/1412416820670251018?s=20

Bow legged?

Jedi Master
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Home team outshoots in the 1st
goal-free period
game tied after 1

I  have none of those squares

Jedi Master
Date:

Home team outshoots in the 1st
goal-free period
game tied after 1

Alumni
Date:

OMG! How is this woman still walking?

https://twitter.com/M_Letsholonyane/status/1412416820670251018?s=20

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

@BNODesk

BREAKING: Japanese government declares state of emergency in Tokyo due to coronavirus, just 2 weeks before the Olympics

Games are definitely going to go ahead, I expect we'll see major names withdrawn from competition for popping positive or contact exposure though. USA Women Gymnastics has unvaccinated alternates training with the primary squad...after spending the week with masks optional in Missouri for Trials. Emergency Covid response team just sent to Missouri because their numbers are so bad.

Unvaccinated with hopes to go to the Olympics?  Doesn't seem smart.

Are they afraid that vaccine will interfere with their training or performance? 

Does it trigger a positive drug test or interact with something that some athletes might be taking? 

They did not go into it much during the coverage, but at least one of the unvaxxed is a minor and some states aren't allowing minors to get vaccinated without parental consent. So I'm cutting her a *little* slack until/unless I learn otherwise. But them training together is just insane.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

@BNODesk

A number of golfers have already said they are not going. I suspect there will be more athletes withdraw in the coming days.

Certain sports - golf, tennis - where the Olympics isn't *their* "Olympics" it seems stupid to go. Other sports, where the Olympics is the pinnacle...especially the age-limited sports...gonna be interesting.

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

@BNODesk

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking.... a lot of people will likely reconsider now

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

@BNODesk

Unvaccinated with hopes to go to the Olympics?  Doesn't seem smart.

Are they afraid that vaccine will interfere with their training or performance? 

Does it trigger a positive drug test or interact with something that some athletes might be taking? 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

@BNODesk

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

@BNODesk

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:

@BNODesk

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

For the conspiracy theorists.  As discussed by a couple of guys on tv yesterday. It was quite obvious last game that the refs put their whistles away and let everything go. They believed that was to the Habs advantage. Did the NHL tell them to do this in hopes of extending the series?

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Overlapping dummies?

Damn, just dummies then?

Okay, NOW overlapping.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Overlapping dummies?

Sounds good to me.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Overlapping dummies?

Damn, just dummies then?

Alumni
Date:

@BNODesk

Alumni
Date:

Overlapping dummies?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

London Bobby

Thought I missed something, then realized I was a little behind..."Oh, THAT London Bobby."

On the following play after a save, ref blew the whistle 3 times.  We may hear a number of London Bobbys tonight.

Yes, and I forgot to cycle through cards to make sure I had my favorite square.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

London Bobby

Thought I missed something, then realized I was a little behind..."Oh, THAT London Bobby."

On the following play after a save, ref blew the whistle 3 times.  We may hear a number of London Bobbys tonight.

«First  <  15 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.