RE: Lightning @ Habs- Finals Game 4 - Monday July 5th, 8:00pm

Last period of hockey this year.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Senior, did you have pie? You seem extra feisty tonight.

No. Ice cream pie. Had my second Covid shot Saturday afternoon. The bus ran over me later that evening. After a day of intensive care on the couch, just happy to feel like a human being again.

FAT BASTARD!

I was wondering where you were.

And I had St. Hubert's for lunch. So.

Alumni
Date:

Hey Kat,

I'll be playing a festival in your neck of the woods in August. 

http://www.voodoorockfest.com/

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

ok, question to the masses (all 4 of you). Would I be a crazy person if I decided that the red flags from the new company are spooking me too much and go back to the old job for awhile?

Oh that's rough. Had a co-worker who left, then came back about a month later. He was part of the Montreal group and had worked together on the same client, but were on different clients when he left/came back. What job was presented as being and what it was, was different. Didn't go into too many details. 

It's a tough call, right?  I haven't even started the new job yet, but I'm already getting some signals that all may not be right.  

I was thinking about telling the old place I want to take the rest of the month off, and start back in August.  

This plan sounds really good to me 

I feel like at this stage of my career, it's better the devil you know.... if I was going to another big company, something well established with equal or better benefits, or if the salary was a LOT higher, I might still take the chance.  But now that my stress levels are coming down a bit, and I'm able to do a more rational comparison of the pros and cons.... taking some time off and then staying with the better perks just seems like the less risky move.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

ok, question to the masses (all 4 of you). Would I be a crazy person if I decided that the red flags from the new company are spooking me too much and go back to the old job for awhile?

Oh that's rough. Had a co-worker who left, then came back about a month later. He was part of the Montreal group and had worked together on the same client, but were on different clients when he left/came back. What job was presented as being and what it was, was different. Didn't go into too many details. 

It's a tough call, right?  I haven't even started the new job yet, but I'm already getting some signals that all may not be right.  

I was thinking about telling the old place I want to take the rest of the month off, and start back in August.  

This plan sounds really good to me 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

posts struck twice again by Lightning.  Not talking about the storm in Kingston. 

my phone has alerted me like 6 times that there is a severe thunderstorm.  Like somehow I haven't noticed that it has been thundering non-stop

Well, they gotta tell you when it's just a Severe T-Storm Alert vs a Severe T-Storm Watch vs a Severe T-Storm Warning.

My father once slept through a tornado in Florida. They were staying in a mobile home community and he didn't know anything had happened until a golf buddy called to see if he was all right. The tornado destroyed a couple of places about a hundred yards from his place.

His snoring would have drowned out the tornado. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:

No. Ice cream pie. Had my second Covid shot Saturday afternoon. The bus ran over me later that evening. After a day of intensive care on the couch, just happy to feel like a human being again.

FAT BASTARD!

I was wondering where you were.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

posts struck twice again by Lightning.  Not talking about the storm in Kingston. 

my phone has alerted me like 6 times that there is a severe thunderstorm.  Like somehow I haven't noticed that it has been thundering non-stop

Well, they gotta tell you when it's just a Severe T-Storm Alert vs a Severe T-Storm Watch vs a Severe T-Storm Warning.

We apparently have both a Watch and a Warning in effect right now.

The storm exists in two dimensions simultaneously, that takes talent.  

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:

FAT BASTARD!

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

My father once slept through a tornado in Florida. They were staying in a mobile home community and he didn't know anything had happened until a golf buddy called to see if he was all right. The tornado destroyed a couple of places about a hundred yards from his place.

Sleep quality goals! 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Going to locate a flashlight just in case....

twhs

Jedi Master
Date:

home team outshoots in the 2nd
game tied after 2

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

We apparently have both a Watch and a Warning in effect right now.

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:

If you have doubts about "red flags", and you have a job you can still go back to, I would certainly suggest calling them and ask some "hard questions. If you don't like the answers you get, well thanks but no thanks.

I'm fairly concerned about the disorganization, flakiness, and general scatterbrained-ness of the owner of the new company.  Plus he's demonstrated some clear lack of proper boundaries.....

I'm leaning towards going back to the old job while I continue to look, and doing it now to avoid the unexpected extra expense of having to buy a laptop (wtf, what kind of tech company doesn't provide laptops for their staff??).

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Just remember, all the reasons you wanted to leave are still there.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:

If you have doubts about "red flags", and you have a job you can still go back to, I would certainly suggest calling them and ask some "hard questions. If you don't like the answers you get, well thanks but no thanks.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Hmm...I'm assuming the door is open at old job should you want to pull the eject lever?

How do you think you'd be treated if you went back? They'd be expecting you to leave (NOW the Bolts have hit the post again) as soon as something better came along, yeah? What if you stay at red flag job but start blasting your resume again? If you found something new, and less red flaggy, relatively quick you wouldn't even need to bother putting red flag job on your resume in the future.

Jedi Master
Date:

tie game

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 710  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.