Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Random question for you guys, if your regular payday falls on a Sunday do you get paid on Mon or the previous Fri?

Friday

I think every previous job has been like that, my current employer is a *little* fast and loose on following labor law to the letter though. Not a huge deal, but moderately gear grinding.

I think I've always been paid on Thursdays. If it falls on a stat holiday, it gets paid the last working day before. 

The new place is monthly.  Second time I've had that.  It's a bit tricky to adjust to.

Oooh, I've heard of monthly, never actually seen it in the wild. So are you gonna go like 6 weeks between paychecks? (2w vacay + 4w new job) 

The skewing that would do to all my financial charts and reports would irrationally irritate me. (see above re: pumping gas and surf clothing, Cathy can sometimes focus on the wrong things)

it's a big gap with this change, for sure.

And yeah.... I have so many things timed based on bi-weekly pay.  My mortgage payments, for one..... sigh.  

The time off in between and the (hopefully) less-insane work environment will be worth it!

Alumni
Date:

Hockey players are also paid monthly.  Just like Kat... 

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

How did that go in?!

black hole

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

How did that go in?!

twss and I think Price shoulda had that

Alumni
Date:

How did that go in?!

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Random question for you guys, if your regular payday falls on a Sunday do you get paid on Mon or the previous Fri?

Friday

I think every previous job has been like that, my current employer is a *little* fast and loose on following labor law to the letter though. Not a huge deal, but moderately gear grinding.

I think I've always been paid on Thursdays. If it falls on a stat holiday, it gets paid the last working day before. 

The new place is monthly.  Second time I've had that.  It's a bit tricky to adjust to.

Oooh, I've heard of monthly, never actually seen it in the wild. So are you gonna go like 6 weeks between paychecks? (2w vacay + 4w new job) 

The skewing that would do to all my financial charts and reports would irrationally irritate me. (see above re: pumping gas and surf clothing, Cathy can sometimes focus on the wrong things)

it's a big gap with this change, for sure.

And yeah.... I have so many things timed based on bi-weekly pay.  My mortgage payments, for one..... sigh.  

Alumni
Date:

Another breakaway by the 5-foot-nothing kid who was benched to open the playoffs.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Friday

Don't think I've ever been paid monthly, always bi-weekly. Would be a big adjustment for anyone living paycheck to paycheck.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Friday

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Friday

I think the payroll person treats it like holidays that fall on weekends...Sat = Fri, Sun = Mon.

The irony is this particular deposit is going to trigger a higher interest rate in a new savings account, so the two extra days are worth a little more this time around. LOL

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Friday

Alumni
Date:

MTL trying to kick the puck into their own net is an...interesting strategy.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Friday

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Friday

Alumni
Date:

lol, Kevin at the intermission about lack of legit penalty calls

"Cali....  what the heck was that"

Cassie called him on it of stopping short of saying that word that every French teammate teaches their English teammates. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Friday

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

NHL commercial showing, presumably, SC winning celebrations...you can date the clips by just looking at the quality of video. Even stuff from barely 10 years ago looks bad by comparison.

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Is the ref calling traveling??

lol, and Homer said there are no fast breaks in hockey 🏒 

«First  <  1 2 3 46  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.