Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Habs @ Golden Knights - Game 2 - Wednesday June 16, 9:00pm

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

I hate the habs.

I normally do but I hated the Laffs and Vegas way more and the Jets after that weasel play by Scheifele. I’ll go back to hating them soon enough 

No reason hate can't be a fluid state.

lol 😂  

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

I hate the habs.

I normally do but I hated the Laffs and Vegas way more and the Jets after that weasel play by Scheifele. I’ll go back to hating them soon enough 

No reason hate can't be a fluid state.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

I hate the habs.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

My final card: http://www.focusring.ca/playoffbingo/Rnd3/BingoRnd3.html?board=UOcujAlSZkQvMIgDPNRHerdE&scored=1185027&bname=senior

Alumni
Date:

I hate the habs.

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Come on Habs don’t blow this 🤦‍♂️

It's gonna go to OT and we're gonna have to dab their cards and it's gonna be a whole thing.

Olé Olé Olé Olé

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Okay so you totally understand how insane $800k for the state is then! (Grew up in Huntington, in Irvine now.)

I'm not married to Portland/Seattle, I'm good with other cities or even the 'burbs (I know to stay on the west side of the states). The plan is keep my current job and WFH, a few of my coworkers have already fled in the last year and my boss loves me so I think it would be doable. This is something that has just become a working theory in the last week or so, nothing beyond a panicked reaction to the $$$.

The overcast could be a problem. And the sunrise time in December. All things being equal, I think I'd prefer WA over OR...but I might need to do OR as a transitional phase.

I forgot about Salem or Eugene and even Corvallis Oregon and East side of Seattle (Bellevue and Redmond) There’s lots of nice towns in both states. 

Alumni
Date:

Final card blah

Alumni
Date:

Goalie pulled

Timeout

Shots 17-7 VGK with 20.8 seconds left, confidently premature dab

-- Edited by Cathy on Wednesday 16th of June 2021 11:42:54 PM

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

It's gonna go to OT and we're gonna have to dab their cards and it's gonna be a whole thing.

Alumni
Date:

Okay so you totally understand how insane $800k for the state is then! (Grew up in Huntington, in Irvine now.)

I'm not married to Portland/Seattle, I'm good with other cities or even the 'burbs (I know to stay on the west side of the states). The plan is keep my current job and WFH, a few of my coworkers have already fled in the last year and my boss loves me so I think it would be doable. This is something that has just become a working theory in the last week or so, nothing beyond a panicked reaction to the $$$.

The overcast could be a problem. And the sunrise time in December. All things being equal, I think I'd prefer WA over OR...but I might need to do OR as a transitional phase.

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

TJ-- You're in PNW, yeah? 

Yes 👍 

Outside Seattle 

{makes mental note}

I may need to hit you up/interrogate you next season about the living situation to my north. In the two months since I renewed my lease, the rent on my unit has increased 12%; looking at OR/WA as potential landing spots. 

Seattle is still crazy as far as pricing on rentals and houses. We live on North Kitsap Peninsula and a house 1 street back of us was on the market for $689k and just sold for $800k the people who bought it were sick of being outbid and made sure they got it 🤷🏼‍♂️ It’s crazy in Portland and Seattle at least right now 

Still cheaper than OC. I'm not looking for dirt cheap (because position on the, ahem, red/blue spectrum is important) so I'm keeping my options pretty limited. My lease runs until next May but if the market doesn't show signs of regaining some sanity by late fall I will def be considering leaving CA. 

Median home price in CA = $800k (and there are some REALLY cheap parts of CA)

Median home price in my city = $1.1million (just broke $1m this month)

Yeah, that’s a lot!! We lived in SFBay area for decades before coming up here. I love the Orange Co beach towns. Hood River Oregon or Bend Oregon are great spots but it gets cold. Tacoma or Olympia are nice here in Washington if you aren’t looking at Seattle or Portland  

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Yes 👍 

Outside Seattle 

{makes mental note}

I may need to hit you up/interrogate you next season about the living situation to my north. In the two months since I renewed my lease, the rent on my unit has increased 12%; looking at OR/WA as potential landing spots. 

Seattle is still crazy as far as pricing on rentals and houses. We live on North Kitsap Peninsula and a house 1 street back of us was on the market for $689k and just sold for $800k the people who bought it were sick of being outbid and made sure they got it 🤷🏼‍♂️ It’s crazy in Portland and Seattle at least right now 

Still cheaper than OC. I'm not looking for dirt cheap (because position on the, ahem, red/blue spectrum is important) so I'm keeping my options pretty limited. My lease runs until next May but if the market doesn't show signs of regaining some sanity by late fall I will def be considering leaving CA. 

Median home price in CA = $800k (and there are some REALLY cheap parts of CA)

Median home price in my city = $1.1million (just broke $1m this month)

-- Edited by Cathy on Wednesday 16th of June 2021 11:03:57 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Yes 👍 

Outside Seattle 

{makes mental note}

Alumni
Date:

G'night Homer

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

oh, and defenseman scores

That went through a bunch of bodies without deviating, so screened?  Not that I have that square. 

Actually I do have that square and I'm dabbing it dammit!!

My card

Calling it a night too. 

Alumni
Date:

G'night Kat.

Alumni
Date:

Yep, I'm playing Connect Four tonight, deftly blocking myself with dead dabs at every turn.

Jedi Master
Date:

my card after 2

I'm calling it a night!

1 2 35  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.