Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Habs @ Leafs - Game 5 - Thursday, May 27, 7:00 p.m

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Habs @ Leafs - Game 5 - Thursday, May 27, 7:00 p.m

SensKat wrote:

modem restarted, tv box restarted.... this should get me through the rest of the game.

I REALLY need a new modem....

But if laptop wifi was fine then it's the tv box losing connectivity?

Jedi Master
Date:

modem restarted, tv box restarted.... this should get me through the rest of the game.

I REALLY need a new modem....

Jedi Master
Date:

Seriously, how do I still only have 1 dab?

Alumni
Date:

On a call, your boom mic is up and no one can hear you talk, but can hear kids, dogs, microwave 15-20' away clear as day. 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

So R2 starts on Saturday. The NHL realizes they're gonna have to wait for the North to catch up eventually, right?

Maybe they hope North matchup will be 4-5 games and others 6-7?

Alumni
Date:

Home team outshoot V in 2nd

Alumni
Date:

So R2 starts on Saturday. The NHL realizes they're gonna have to wait for the North to catch up eventually, right?

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

On zoom meeting earlier.  Dad scolding his kids for something.  "C. you're mic is on"  

"Oh crap, sorry everyone"

A few minutes later, samer guy.  "you made me look stupid on front of a whole bunch of people"

"C. you're mic is on again"

This was a community meeting with several city councillors and over 100 people.    [facepalm]

wow.  You'd think by now people would have figured out the 'mute unless you are talking' rule

That people didn't know this in 2019 is shocking to me.

I'll give the average joe a break on that - most people were not really using video chat applications prior to 2020.

Conference calls have existed for a looooooong time.

Yep, but still, the majority of people don't work in a setting where they are needed or used.  When everyone you need to talk to is in the same building, you just meet face-to-face, no conference calls required.

Add in the complications of learning to do it at home, with distractions.... a year ago I would still have had more patience for it, but this should just be normal to basically everyone now.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

On zoom meeting earlier.  Dad scolding his kids for something.  "C. you're mic is on"  

A few minutes later, samer guy.  "you made me look stupid on front of a whole bunch of people"

This was a community meeting with several city councillors and over 100 people.    [facepalm]

wow.  You'd think by now people would have figured out the 'mute unless you are talking' rule

Not sure if he was a normal attendee like me or not, but a city run meeting should have everyone on mute and not able to unmute unless you're expected to speak.  Questions got posted in chat. I'm not familiar enough with zoom though. Only used it a few times and never hosted. 

You mean like a court proceeding's public call line not knowing how to mute the Epic Games fans?

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Not sure if he was a normal attendee like me or not, but a city run meeting should have everyone on mute and not able to unmute unless you're expected to speak.  Questions got posted in chat. I'm not familiar enough with zoom though. Only used it a few times and never hosted. 

oh, yeah, presumably they are using the pro edition then, so they should definitely be able to do that.  

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

I'll give the average joe a break on that - most people were not really using video chat applications prior to 2020.

Conference calls have existed for a looooooong time.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Oh, oh, and another thing...do people not realize the reason their face keeps being the "main face" is because their microphone is picking up the insane background noise in their location?!

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Home team 1st penalty.

Yay!  Finally a dab.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Home team 1st penalty.

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

I do love being able to pull up the game on another browser tab and cast it to my tv when the tv box is acting up.....

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.