Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 56 - Leafs @ Sens - Wed May 11th, 8:00pm

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I was initially anti-fight square for playoff bingo because "fights don't happen in playoffs, right".

Wrong.

Now I'm torn.

replace "Sustained pressure (not on PP)" with Fight?

On the fence. If those are my only choices, yes. But I'd prefer Option 3.

- One goal game?

- Win by 3 or more goals?

Which one would be better?

- Come back win.  (ie Down at end of 2nd, but win game)

#1 feels a little too common

#2 feels a little too rare

Sheesh, I'm eff-ing Goldilocks over here.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/naynjq/ill_see_your_gas_shortage_and_raise_you_a/

This is so asinine 

Alumni
Date:
Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

so my tv receiver won't reconnect after my internet blip. Good thing I can watch on other devices.... but now I'm trying to watch the game and monitor the thread and bingo all on my laptop.

Game thread = virtual desktop #1

Bingo 1 = virtual desktop #2

Bingo 2 = virtual desktop #3

Game feed = HDMI monitor

Virtual desktops >>> browser tabs

yeah.... I'm lounging on my couch with my laptop on my lap.  no additional monitors or virtual desktops within reach.

I don't know what the windows equivalent is, Macs can do separate "spaces"...it's like switching between full-screen apps. That's the only way I can keep game thread and bingo card(s) separate. Too many accidentally-closed tabs before I figured that one out.

multi tabs doesn't bother me, I'm just used to having the game on the tv and keeping this one open pretty much full time during games.  So now I have to keep flipping, and then I risk missing something in the game.  Damn technology.

Ignite TV or equivalent?

I have a reminder pop-up on screen for Sens games.  I'm already tuned in on the channel game in on, but pop-up still comes up. That's bad programming. 

yeah, equivalent (Epico from Cogeco).  It's never had THIS much trouble reconnecting before.  Definitely weird.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

so my tv receiver won't reconnect after my internet blip. Good thing I can watch on other devices.... but now I'm trying to watch the game and monitor the thread and bingo all on my laptop.

Game feed = HDMI monitor

yeah.... I'm lounging on my couch with my laptop on my lap.  no additional monitors or virtual desktops within reach.

I don't know what the windows equivalent is, Macs can do separate "spaces"...it's like switching between full-screen apps. That's the only way I can keep game thread and bingo card(s) separate. Too many accidentally-closed tabs before I figured that one out.

multi tabs doesn't bother me, I'm just used to having the game on the tv and keeping this one open pretty much full time during games.  So now I have to keep flipping, and then I risk missing something in the game.  Damn technology.

Ignite TV or equivalent?

I have a reminder pop-up on screen for Sens games.  I'm already tuned in on the channel game in on, but pop-up still comes up. That's bad programming. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I haven't gone too deep in the Eichel story but, damn, can't see that relationship being salvageable.

You’re right, I listened to Locked on Sabres today and they feel he’s as good as traded and Rangers are the favorites 

Recent news aside, weren't there stories of him not being a great teammate or am I thinking of someone else?

I’m not sure at all, 10M is a big cap hit only so many clubs want to pay that to one player  

Jedi Master
Date:
Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I was initially anti-fight square for playoff bingo because "fights don't happen in playoffs, right".

Wrong.

Now I'm torn.

- One goal game?

- Win by 3 or more goals?

Which one would be better?

- Come back win.  (ie Down at end of 2nd, but win game)

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Toews is one of the best kept secrets ever for a superstar missing a complete season. My nephew a huge Hawk fan lives in Chicago and there’s no rumors or anything about his condition

It is amazing that nothing has come out. He's still under contract for a few years with a NMC. Do they need to protect him for the expansion draft?

They do w NMC

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Is it sad that I was excited to try on the new masks that I ordered when they arrived today?

Masks 😷 are horrible w sunglasses 🕶 and glasses 👓 all that fogging up 

Nice little reminder just how much escapes the mask.

I have an eye exam in August (rescheduled from last Dec) and, regardless of mask mandates or even office policy at the time, I can't imagine NOT wearing a mask for every such appointment in the future. That is an insane amount of shared air between two non-intimate persons.

You are so right about how much escapes. When it’s cold out and u can see you’re breath that’s also a reminder how far you expel stuff 

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Game feed = HDMI monitor

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Game feed = HDMI monitor

Alumni
Date:

Come on Ottawa.. give me a perfect score tonight $$

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Game feed = HDMI monitor

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Game feed = HDMI monitor

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Toews is one of the best kept secrets ever for a superstar missing a complete season. My nephew a huge Hawk fan lives in Chicago and there’s no rumors or anything about his condition

It is amazing that nothing has come out. He's still under contract for a few years with a NMC. Do they need to protect him for the expansion draft?

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Wrong.

Now I'm torn.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I haven't gone too deep in the Eichel story but, damn, can't see that relationship being salvageable.

You’re right, I listened to Locked on Sabres today and they feel he’s as good as traded and Rangers are the favorites 

Recent news aside, weren't there stories of him not being a great teammate or am I thinking of someone else?

Actually, now the you mention it, something to the effect of "****y *******" does sound familiar.

edit: Son of a bitch.

-- Edited by Cathy on Wednesday 12th of May 2021 10:02:15 PM

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

«First  <  1 2 3 4 512  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.