Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 47 - Sens @ Canucks - Thu Apr 22, 10:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 47 - Sens @ Canucks - Thu Apr 22, 10:00pm

Russell wrote:

I thought the day after my jab that I was just really hung over (cuz I'm not very smart) but the more I hear about what other people went through, I think it was a bit of both. 

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Kat: was it the AZ jab that you got?

I'm really out of it today, took me a good 25 seconds to figure out why Arizona was attacking Kat.

Alumni
Date:

I thought the day after my jab that I was just really hung over (cuz I'm not very smart) but the more I hear about what other people went through, I think it was a bit of both. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Yep

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Sens score 1st.

STUUUUUTZLE, on the PP - who is also a new guy

Finally! I got one of the three-fers!

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Fight

And a Chuckie Does Something?

Is that official or hopeful?

It was a question to the group.  lol

def Chuckie does something.

Jedi Master
Date:

Sens score 1st.

STUUUUUTZLE, on the PP - who is also a new guy

Alumni
Date:

Deflection goal.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Okay, note to self, prepare a death-warmed-up kit with food and drugs and fluids within arms reach for post-vaccination misery.

Make that arm reach, probably only going to be able to use one.

lol - the rest of me hurt so much I didn't even notice the arm pain until much later in the day.

But yeah, especially make sure you have those pain meds handy, just in case.  Most people don't have a problem, but when you do, it's brutal.

I'm usually pretty sensitive to medication (1/4 Benadryl can knock me out) so I'm fully expecting the mack-truck effect. 

Jedi Master
Date:

oh wow, just realized that Hamonic got the Game Misconduct as well

-- Edited by SensKat on Thursday 22nd of April 2021 10:24:56 PM

Alumni
Date:

These western-Canada games mean I'm watch during Pacific TZ sunset...every time night shift turns on and the ice changes color my brain panics for a millisecond. Every. Time.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Fight

It was a question to the group.  lol

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Okay, note to self, prepare a death-warmed-up kit with food and drugs and fluids within arms reach for post-vaccination misery.

lol - the rest of me hurt so much I didn't even notice the arm pain until much later in the day.

But yeah, especially make sure you have those pain meds handy, just in case.  Most people don't have a problem, but when you do, it's brutal.

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Oh yeah, that arm w the vaccine is going to be sore 

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm hoping to make it through most of the game at least - but still not 100% after my vaccine, so we'll see how the night unfolds

Make sure you have someone close to help after the 2nd since you had that reaction after first. I had 2nd Monday and it kicked the crap out of me all thru Monday night until late Tuesday morning. It really is different w everyone I’ve spoken with.

I've heard that.  Didn't help any that I had to work through the reaction.  Next dose I'll make sure my calendar is light enough that I can take a day or two off.  

Basically a full 24 hours of wishing for death after the first dose doesn't give me a lot of hope for the 2nd one!

Oof. I've heard it's ~12 hours between shot and wall 'o symptoms. I'm trying to swing a late afternoon/evening appointment to try and get a decent night sleep before feeling like crap. And I'm fully prepared to turn my OOO on and my ringer off.

Did you take anything or just suffer through? 

Yeah, almost exactly 12 hours for me.  Got the shot shortly after noon, woke up in agony around 1am.  Took some Tylenol (the pharmacist told me no Advil), and then took WAY more throughout the day.... then finally asked a friend who is a doctor about the "no Advil" thing and was very relieved to find out that was BS.   So yeah, loads of pain meds, a few breaks from work to nap.... and a very unproductive day of work

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Fight

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

.....and Brady gets two for a clean hit. Even up call.

it was a tad late, but penalty worthy? eeennhhh. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm hoping to make it through most of the game at least - but still not 100% after my vaccine, so we'll see how the night unfolds

Make sure you have someone close to help after the 2nd since you had that reaction after first. I had 2nd Monday and it kicked the crap out of me all thru Monday night until late Tuesday morning. It really is different w everyone I’ve spoken with.

I've heard that.  Didn't help any that I had to work through the reaction.  Next dose I'll make sure my calendar is light enough that I can take a day or two off.  

Basically a full 24 hours of wishing for death after the first dose doesn't give me a lot of hope for the 2nd one!

Oof. I've heard it's ~12 hours between shot and wall 'o symptoms. I'm trying to swing a late afternoon/evening appointment to try and get a decent night sleep before feeling like crap. And I'm fully prepared to turn my OOO on and my ringer off.

Did you take anything or just suffer through? 

«First  <  17 8 9 10 11  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.