Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 44 - Jets @ Sens - Wed Apr 14, 7:00pm

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Game 44 - Jets @ Sens - Wed Apr 14, 7:00pm

I really think they need to send Stuetzle to the press box for a couple games. I don't think they are helping his development by putting him out there when he is clearly warn out. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

If they play each other, do we do game threads and special "neutral" bingo cards?

Will need ideas for leafs/habs specific squares.  We can keep some of the generic ones. 

We should definitely try to do that for the first round for sure - we should be able to come up with stuff for all of the Canadian teams, I think.

Probably already have some...the team-specific Mystery Squares. McDavidty, etc. Could probably take some of the overly generic "outshoot/outshot" and just prepend home/road team.

I may or may not have put some thought into pulling up a bingo card while watching a Ducks game.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

If they play each other, do we do game threads and special "neutral" bingo cards?

Will need ideas for leafs/habs specific squares.  We can keep some of the generic ones. 

Leafs suck and Habs suck.

ok, we have our center square.  That's a start. 

Alumni
Date:

dumb penalty

Jedi Master
Date:

dumb penalty?

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

ok, we have our center square.  That's a start. 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

Center square

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

We should definitely try to do that for the first round for sure - we should be able to come up with stuff for all of the Canadian teams, I think.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Post season bingo?!?!?

I was just thinking this morning about how much I'm going to miss bingo when the regular season ends.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

LOL, other team hits post!

(just not with the puck)

LMAO.  good one.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

LOL, other team hits post!

(just not with the puck)

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Leafs - Habs 1st round match-up

Who do you cheer against?

Russell is in a tough spot being a Bruins fan last time they faced each other in the playoffs. 

That's easy... you ALWAYS cheer for whoever is playing the Leafs.  It's like, a law or something.

Okay, I'm gonna need photographic proof of y'all cheering FOR the Habs.

And there goes the mystery square...dead dab. 

I grew up a habs fan.  Pretty sure I still have a jersey in a closet.

TV ratings would be huge.  perhaps record breaking.

Imagine if the matchups were Toronto/Montreal and Edmonton/Calgary.  Canada would go nuts

a few would but most non- toronto/mtl fans would be 'anyone but". Unless its pittspuke. 

Alumni
Date:

LOL, my phone just NOW told me about the Lewis goal.

See what I mean about no rhyme or reason?

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Russell is in a tough spot being a Bruins fan last time they faced each other in the playoffs. 

That's easy... you ALWAYS cheer for whoever is playing the Leafs.  It's like, a law or something.

In that case, we'll need the water usage report to compare to the Olympics.

Is the TOR/MTL hate pretty pervasive or will most fans (grudgingly or not) get behind any Canadian team that advances? We don't really put a national spin on it in the states but we assume that you guys do. Lol, not sure why we assume that.

In a normal year, there are only a couple of the other Canadian teams that I will cheer for in general.

This year of course it will still be all-Canadian for the first couple of rounds of playoffs, so you have to pick someone.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Imagine if the matchups were Toronto/Montreal and Edmonton/Calgary.  Canada would go nuts

Who can hook me up with an Albertan for 50/50 buy in? 

lol!  I did it during the world juniors.  I may do it again during playoffs.  

TWSS!

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

The Laf? Never heard of it.

LYING BASTARD!

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:

This is another tough one I've been thinking about. This may rock your world, but I think i'd rather see the habs lose than the laffs. There aren't really any players on the laffs right now that are dicks. they are a very good team. habs are just a bunch of cheap shot dbs. There's always the laffs' fans, but I think i could live with it now. habs fans are just as bad anyways. 

While I have no direct knowledge of their fans, I'm going to make a bold statement that you may be underestimating the live-ability of dealing with their fans should they do well in the post season. (I may or may not be projecting the mental toll of dealing with Kings fans onto this scenario.) 

But everything else you said makes sense.

like I said, habs fans can be just as bad.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

In that case, we'll need the water usage report to compare to the Olympics.

Is the TOR/MTL hate pretty pervasive or will most fans (grudgingly or not) get behind any Canadian team that advances? We don't really put a national spin on it in the states but we assume that you guys do. Lol, not sure why we assume that.

We won't be out of the woods pandemic wise, so this could be a very bad thing too with people who should not be gathering watching the game together.  If bars can open up again, they can't be packed and may require a "vaccine passport" to be admitted.   

«First  <  1 2 3 4 511  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.