Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 43 - Jets @ Sens - Mon Apr 12, 7:00pm

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Game 43 - Jets @ Sens - Mon Apr 12, 7:00pm

senior wrote:

This is Ottawa's 43rd game. They have 14 games left, counting tonight. They have won 13 games. When the season started, I predicted that they would win 12 games, so they have already surpassed my expectations. With the other teams loading up today for the run to the playoffs, while we are going the other direction, how many games do you think they will win this season. I predict 16 wins.

Well they have a bunch of games against Vancouver, which has to be an advantage.  So..... 15 wins

Alumni
Date:

Here's the Canadian version of the Jan 6th insurrection.  More polite, even helpful at times.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2180037

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

This is Ottawa's 43rd game. They have 14 games left, counting tonight. They have won 13 games. When the season started, I predicted that they would win 12 games, so they have already surpassed my expectations. With the other teams loading up today for the run to the playoffs, while we are going the other direction, how many games do you think they will win this season. I predict 16 wins.

17 in keeping with you’re previous prediction. 

Alumni
Date:

Is that all oil?? 

TWSS

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

There's the Mystery Square dab. 

"That's business".  Yep.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

the difference between Ontarians and Albertans when it comes to the hockey 50/50 never ceases to amaze me. Current jackpot in the Sens one.... $1500. Last game, the Oilers winner took home over $750,000

Are there any limitations in Ontario? Like that tickets and gov't employees thing?

And why is population of Alberta 1/3 on Ontario but the median income more than 10k higher? Is that all oil?? 

the median income thing, yes, that is entirely the oil patch.  During the boom years, everyone in Alberta was forced to increase wages to keep people around instead of losing them to O&G.

Albertans tend to gamble a bit more as a whole, I assume that's what's going on with the 50/50 thing.  The discrepancies weren't quite THIS bad before.  When games were in person, a Sens game for example would have the jackpot around $8K-$10K, and the Alberta teams would be $60K-$70K.  Since they went online with them during the playoff bubble last year, the numbers have been insane.

Alumni
Date:

There's the Mystery Square dab. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

the difference between Ontarians and Albertans when it comes to the hockey 50/50 never ceases to amaze me. Current jackpot in the Sens one.... $1500. Last game, the Oilers winner took home over $750,000

Are there any limitations in Ontario? Like that tickets and gov't employees thing?

And why is population of Alberta 1/3 on Ontario but the median income more than 10k higher? Is that all oil?? 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Anyone else think that Stuetzle seems to be less effective lately. Wonder if he getting tired.

I commented the other night that "Stuuuuuutzle" is more often an exasperated exclamation than an excited exclamation lately.

Wouldn't be surprised if it is fatigue; a regular season would is a hard enough transition, this compressed schedule is another galaxy for the kids.

Jedi Master
Date:

outshot in the 2nd

Jedi Master
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Anyone else think that Stuetzle seems to be less effective lately. Wonder if he getting tired.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Anyone else find it impossible for the Jets to be celebrating their 10th anniversary?

Yes!  Doesn't seem at all possible.

Alumni
Date:

Anyone else find it impossible for the Jets to be celebrating their 10th anniversary?

Alumni
Date:

*Chabot, already playing 30+ mins a night, see the 3 veteran Dmen traded away.*

" AAAHHHH, TABARNAQ, LA!"

Alumni
Date:

Chuckie trying to do-si-do with someone in blue.

Jedi Master
Date:

Sens have 4 SOG so far this period. That's.... interesting.

Alumni
Date:

"Ottawa on their heels just a bit"

Well, duh, it's a penalty kill...that's kinda the point.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

does that count as a breakaway for Brown?

I'd say it does

k. I don't have that square anyway.

I do, but didn't think I did, so I appreciate the follow up. 

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 69  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.