Remember Me  

Topic: Game 41 - Oilers @ Sens - Thu Apr 8, 7:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 41 - Oilers @ Sens - Thu Apr 8, 7:00pm

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Kat, a restaurant in Kemptville is having a mask burning party for your MPP. 

Also at least one gym in Ottawa still opened to day without restrictions. Not sure if they got a visit from cops/bylaw.

The mask burning party is in support of or in protest against the MPP?

How scary is it that it I can't tell and it could totally go either way. 

Not that either is really better.

in support of an anti-mask, everything is fine, don't believe the science mpp.

This is Ottawa's covid traces in our wastewater.   This is not good at all. 

poop.JPG

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

God people are stupid. Speaking of, I'm going 3-2 Sens, Tkachuk GWG

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Also at least one gym in Ottawa still opened to day without restrictions. Not sure if they got a visit from cops/bylaw.

He's the headline speaker at the "protest" apparently.  I'm sure it will be shut down pretty quickly.

Oh jeez. no

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

He's the headline speaker at the "protest" apparently.  I'm sure it will be shut down pretty quickly.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

so I just went outside to take the garbage out. 3 doors down from me there is a crowd of about 15 kids hanging out. Ugh.

rat them out!

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Tough day. Masters is on TV but the weather is incredible. Weather won out most the afternoon but took a few golf breaks.

that's what pvr is for. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:

That feels like a pretty bold statement from Bruce about the Canucks games. NHL has a hard out on the season due to the Olympics (whether or not *those* happen is a different conversation) and their AHL team ain't exactly across the street. Unless, of course, the NHL pushes them back into the schedule cold with no transition time.

You‘re right, I can’t believe they’ll make Ottawa and Vancouver make up all 4 of those games. Canucks still will need at least 10 days from today at the minimum to be ready again. Thats pushing it too. Plus the NHL has no idea how these guys are going to feel with this new variant. Canucks will just be Guinea pigs 🐷 and probably get the heck beat out of them 

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Dryer update: Got the replacement belt today and installed it after work. Good as new.

Nice!  Laundry is back on, just in time to not leave the house for a month.

It’s so weird that Canada seemed to be keeping a lid on this virus and it sucked down here and now its a complete turnaround?!? 

To be fair, these kinds of measures are WHY we are keeping a lid on it.  Unfortunately right now we have a couple of the variants spreading much faster, so it's time to stay home again for a bit to slow it down again.  

I got a Covid *fatigue* booster shot today...30yo friend of acquaintance, medically induced coma, on ECMO for a week so far. That conversation was enough for me to pucker up, "Nope, I'm good staying at home." California's numbers are pretty good but there are still a lot of reckless people out there that I'd choose to avoid even without a pandemic.

Yikes.  Scary stuff.  This wave is definitely hitting younger and harder.

They officially declared an outbreak on the University campus here today.  70% of the cases in my city are at the University.

Hey, not MY MPP.  I'm Kingston and the Islands.  

Alumni
Date:

Ugh, Smith had no friggin clue where the puck was. I wouldn't have complained about a fortuitous bounce.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Dryer update: Got the replacement belt today and installed it after work. Good as new.

It’s so weird that Canada seemed to be keeping a lid on this virus and it sucked down here and now its a complete turnaround?!? 

To be fair, these kinds of measures are WHY we are keeping a lid on it.  Unfortunately right now we have a couple of the variants spreading much faster, so it's time to stay home again for a bit to slow it down again.  

I got a Covid *fatigue* booster shot today...30yo friend of acquaintance, medically induced coma, on ECMO for a week so far. That conversation was enough for me to pucker up, "Nope, I'm good staying at home." California's numbers are pretty good but there are still a lot of reckless people out there that I'd choose to avoid even without a pandemic.

They officially declared an outbreak on the University campus here today.  70% of the cases in my city are at the University.

Jedi Master
Date:

so I just went outside to take the garbage out. 3 doors down from me there is a crowd of about 15 kids hanging out. Ugh.

Alumni
Date:

That feels like a pretty bold statement from Bruce about the Canucks games. NHL has a hard out on the season due to the Olympics (whether or not *those* happen is a different conversation) and their AHL team ain't exactly across the street. Unless, of course, the NHL pushes them back into the schedule cold with no transition time.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Tough day. Masters is on TV but the weather is incredible. Weather won out most the afternoon but took a few golf breaks.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

I'm picturing you celebrating a'la your user image when you finished.  

Good thing for youtube. Found video of exact same model of someone replacing the belt so knew what to do even before opening it it up.  $12 part.

About 7-8 years ago, it was my washing machine that would not agitate anymore.  youtube video fix + $5 part FTW.

Don't you love it when you type in what you think will be an obscure question that no one would have EVER asked in the past an, boom, it autocompletes before you get to the third word. Youtube tutorials have helped me with some car repairs, I send the video to my brother and he climbs under my car.

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Not leaving the house for a month means not trip to the cottage for me.  This is bad for the rest of the world.   What makes bad news worse is there is maple syrup waiting for me up there.  

In another "Cardinal is a lot like Kardinal" exhibit, I said almost the exact same thing to the person on the other end of the work call. In the context of, "They shouldn't tell me what I can't do [with Excel and math], it will not end well for them."

Take note: Happy C/Kardinals are good for all of society.

Also...mmm, maple syrup.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

I'm picturing you celebrating a'la your user image when you finished.  

Good thing for youtube. Found video of exact same model of someone replacing the belt so knew what to do even before opening it it up.  $12 part.

About 7-8 years ago, it was my washing machine that would not agitate anymore.  youtube video fix + $5 part FTW.

Alumni
Date:

Sens held McJesus and Dry idol to NO SHOTS!!!!!!   WHAT!!????

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Chabot 9:34 TOI

That and the free square give me a nice dead dab sandwich. 

«First  <  14 5 6 7 8 9  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.