Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: A Sensless thread about the playoffs 2019.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
A Sensless thread about the playoffs 2019.

Oh hey Spezz, just finished typing that last post and then Jason Spezza scores. Shades of 2007 Spezza!!!!!

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Bettman doesn't really care about Ottawa or the Senators- as long as Euge somehow keeps sending them money (like a new arena, next owners might not be so receptive) then what does it matter? All about the $$. As soon as that is threatened then he'll step in. Also I don't know how you can be a CTE denier, same with being a climate change denier in this day and age.

because to admit to the link between hockey and CTE opens them up to lawsuits. 

That’s the complete truth for sure, I wonder if Bettman even believes the bullcrap that comes out of his mouth on this subject.  Good comparison Spezz on the climate too.  

Confident Fan
Date:

After Carolina went behind Washington 3G to 2G in last playoff series after a 6-0 domination in Game 5 the last thing I thought was happening was the Canes running off 6 straight to the Conference Finals.
I think the Canes actually came out on the short end in trading Skinner to Buffalo and that huge Calgary trade. The Canes just had to trade Fox to the NYRangers because he won’t play for them and they had to at least get something for him. The owner is something of a really rich goof ball too, how is this happening???

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Bettman doesn't really care about Ottawa or the Senators- as long as Euge somehow keeps sending them money (like a new arena, next owners might not be so receptive) then what does it matter? All about the $$. As soon as that is threatened then he'll step in. Also I don't know how you can be a CTE denier, same with being a climate change denier in this day and age.

because to admit to the link between hockey and CTE opens them up to lawsuits. 

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Of course I’m not sure we can trust anything out of Bettman’s mouth after this nugget:

Bettman says the science is inconclusive on the links to CTE and hits to the head.

Confident Fan
Date:

Great news from Bettman everyone!!! From Bruce on Twitter: You’re going to want to read this!!

Bettman repeats the Senators aren't in financial difficulties, the team "is not for sale". Asked if they'll move:"No." Says Eugene Melnyk is looking at his options for a new arena and going through the process of hiring a president of hockey operations. #Sens

Russell this should make you and Kat feel so much better cause Gary says Eugene is LOOKING at his options

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Thursday 2nd of May 2019 12:12:53 AM

Jedi Master
Date:

yeah, that's mostly been it, if nothing else is going on, I'll watch a game... but most years I try to watch just about every game starting in the 2nd round

Alumni
Date:

I really have nothing else to watch but if I have something else to do I don't miss them. Not like when Ottawa used to play snd I PVRd all the games

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

My GAF level is at an all-time low. I've never been less interested in the playoffs, or hockey in general. And that is all on the **** show that this team has been.

exactly. 

Jedi Master
Date:

My GAF level is at an all-time low. I've never been less interested in the playoffs, or hockey in general. And that is all on the **** show that this team has been.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Yeah and like really, Ottawa drafting slightly better or worse this year isn't going to fix our problems. Both SJ and Columbus kind of remind me of the Sens, they both play kind of #pesky. NYI/Carolina bleh, it's hard to even watch. Cheering for my boy on Dallas but St.Louis plays a very effective, yet boring style of hockey.

Last nights Sharks game was so frustrating because they played so great and hit about 4-5 posts, my gosh I hate when my team hits those stinking posts and crossbars!!!  But they won and that's all that matters even without Donskoi and Pavelski still out hurt.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Get ready for the game this afternoon between the offensive juggernauts that are the Islanders and Hurricanes.

Really can’t believe that the Canes are up 2-0 after winning both in NY, this after Game 6 vs Caps when the Capitals beat them like 6-0 or something.  It’s kinda amazing.  I really don’t want Columbus or Carolina or Boston to win the East but these teams don’t care what I want.

i'd be ok with Columbus. Their fans have suffered long enough and they've never won a cup.

I agree, the only thing is it hurts the Senators draft position.  But then they'd have back to back picks at end of first and start of second round.

its incredible but i don't even care about that anymore. 

I know, right now I don’t but I’ll care in June though.  I always do

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 30th of April 2019 10:41:44 PM

i don't think I'll ever be able to be excited again until euge is gone. Its weird. I don't even want him to have the privilege of winning a cup. sick, huh? 

No, not at all.  He’s so bad it’s understandable 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Get ready for the game this afternoon between the offensive juggernauts that are the Islanders and Hurricanes.

Really can’t believe that the Canes are up 2-0 after winning both in NY, this after Game 6 vs Caps when the Capitals beat them like 6-0 or something.  It’s kinda amazing.  I really don’t want Columbus or Carolina or Boston to win the East but these teams don’t care what I want.

i'd be ok with Columbus. Their fans have suffered long enough and they've never won a cup.

I agree, the only thing is it hurts the Senators draft position.  But then they'd have back to back picks at end of first and start of second round.

i don't think I'll ever be able to be excited again until euge is gone. Its weird. I don't even want him to have the privilege of winning a cup. sick, huh? 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

My bold prediction: CLB is going to win the cup and Duchene is going to win MVP.

It’s doable too 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Alumni
Date:

My bold prediction: CLB is going to win the cup and Duchene is going to win MVP.

Alumni
Date:

Yeah and like really, Ottawa drafting slightly better or worse this year isn't going to fix our problems. Both SJ and Columbus kind of remind me of the Sens, they both play kind of #pesky. NYI/Carolina bleh, it's hard to even watch. Cheering for my boy on Dallas but St.Louis plays a very effective, yet boring style of hockey.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

«First  <  15 6 7 8 918  >  Last»  | Page of 18  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.