Agent Orange wrote
 Good to see Duchene get one in.

Twss

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

I feel your pain Kat -- having been either the PM or the project sponsor in times past, news like that is never fun. The big question is what does the PM do with the news. Testing is something that should never be rushed, but some sponsors / sr mgmt seem to consider deployment dates something to be met regardless of readiness more important than due diligence. *sigh*

Some project deadlines are not realistic though. What? you said we can do what for when?  Don't consult the technical resources who will be building it or anything..

Hahahaha.... this project.   Full ERP implementation, small client, so the sales team decided we could do it quickly.  The original promise to the client was a 4 month turnaround.  Here we are, a year and a half later....

45C5ECD4-9848-44C0-A4DE-294CF42B14F7.jpeg

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
panic at the back wrote:

Is there some kind of rule that you can't post twice in a row?

1) When do the Rush lyrics start?

2) Just remember, the Sens were up 2-0, as I have to go help some friends with a proper Alabama BBQ. They are smoking 130 Boston Butts for a church fundraiser, and need help getting them off the grills.

You can post twice in a row, it's just a limit on how quickly - I think you have to wait at least 30 seconds.  Just wait a few seconds and then submit again.

I think it's called the Russell rule.

twss

Alumni
Date:

Streams seem to be messed up for only this game apparently. Good to see Duchene get one in.

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
panic at the back wrote:

I'm new here.

I'll go Sens 2
Avs 3 - in OT. Rantanen with the GWG.

Chabot gets 2 points

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Welcome, are you in Ottawa or another outsider like cbinc, Kat, SD, tj and Shanghai?  I think the locals are out numbered in these forums.

Hey now don’t forget about the other ‘Murican Arsehole.  biggrin 

twss 

Jedi Master
Date:

Hey AO!

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
panic at the back wrote:

I'm new here.

I'll go Sens 2

Chabot gets 2 points

Welcome, are you in Ottawa or another outsider like cbinc, Kat, SD, tj and Shanghai?  I think the locals are out numbered in these forums.

That makes three of you now.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
panic at the back wrote:

2) Just remember, the Sens were up 2-0, as I have to go help some friends with a proper Alabama BBQ. They are smoking 130 Boston Butts for a church fundraiser, and need help getting them off the grills.

You can post twice in a row, it's just a limit on how quickly - I think you have to wait at least 30 seconds.  Just wait a few seconds and then submit again.

I think it's called the Russell rule.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

I feel your pain Kat -- having been either the PM or the project sponsor in times past, news like that is never fun. The big question is what does the PM do with the news. Testing is something that should never be rushed, but some sponsors / sr mgmt seem to consider deployment dates something to be met regardless of readiness more important than due diligence. *sigh*

Some project deadlines are not realistic though. What? you said we can do what for when?  Don't consult the technical resources who will be building it or anything..

Hahahaha.... this project.   Full ERP implementation, small client, so the sales team decided we could do it quickly.  The original promise to the client was a 4 month turnaround.  Here we are, a year and a half later....

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
panic at the back wrote:

I'm new here.

I'll go Sens 2

Chabot gets 2 points

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

This game....It's a test of ultimate will The heartbreak climb uphill

Last season, they went “ from first to last”.

Alumni
Date:

Oops, double post. It's like a test for echo that came back.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Why are the end of the period of the hockey game and half time of the football game the same time. Guess it's curling for a while.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Alumni
Date:

panic at the back wrote:

Hey, want a cat?

Alumni
Date:

panic at the back wrote:

1) in the end

2) good. Tired of Boston roasting our butts.

Jedi Master
Date:

panic at the back wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Yeah, my PM doesn't want to change the project status to red because then "she would have to tell Senior Management".

Doesn't help any that our QA server has been offline for 2 weeks now, so they CAN'T do any testing.... We are supposed to do our first full cutover test starting on Monday, and there is literally no way.  Based on the tight timelines, if we push cutover testing out by even a week, we can't make our scheduled date.

«First  <  14 5 6 7 8 9  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.