Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
General Sens stuff.

So the Sens claim Magnus Paajarvi on waivers. Because what we desperately need is another unmotivated, low-scoring winger who at 25 has managed accomplish nothing. Even the Oilers gave up on this guy....

Alumni
Date:

Very interesting read.

Didn't really see that stuff coming from Wideman or Brassard. But, you never really know anyone do you?...

Alumni
Date:

If you get a chance, read that reddit post that Senior posted. It put a lot of things into perspective.

Alumni
Date:

Wish they had tweeted this back in November

https://twitter.com/MoonPie/status/953033154696286209

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Interesting read. https://www.reddit.com/r/OttawaSenators/comments/7ith31/long_what_its_like_working_for_the_sens_a/?st=jckl13cl&sh=166dcab9

Confident Fan
Date:

Collin Miller a DefenseMan for Vegas who I’d bet a billion dollars no one on this thread has ever heard of now has 24 points this year. That’s 1 more than a certain no.1 Centre for our beloved Senators has. Plus Vegas didn’t pony up a top 6 Forward and 2 no.1 draft picks for Miller.

I’m not bitter about this 🤦‍♂️

Confident Fan
Date:

Recently saw how great the Avs have been playing and couldn't resist with comparisons.

Duchene since the trade: 29 Games, 13 points and a -10. With a 9W-20L with OT losses thrown in.
Turris: 29G-19Pts. and +4 With a 19-10 record and OT losses thrown in.
Samuel Girard: Colorado D. Picked up from Nashville (Turris/Duchene trade) 30G 9 points and -4 With a 17-13 record.

Not good for Duchene since he was supposed to be a difference maker for these 2 teams, coincidence that the 2 teams he was on were very bad?

Last 5 games for Duchene, 7 points and 0 +- hopefully this carries over for the balance of this year and more importantly next season.  3-2 record

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 20th of January 2018 12:00:56 AM

Confident Fan
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.t

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Spezza's scored twice tonight so far 😃

that’s exactly what a coach hopes a healthy scratch does for a guy and the team, good for him 

Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

Spezza's scored twice tonight so far 😃

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Saw a note on twitter today that Chris Wideman is still hoping to return this year.... made me think 2 things that are oddly contradictory.... first... I didn't realize his injury was quite that bad... and second that I actually kind of forgot about him.

Apparently the injury was both gruesome and not as bad as it could have been.   The muscle was completely detached from the bone, and the surgeon said it was easier to repair when it was completely torn off vs only partially so.   

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

@DallasStars
47m47 minutes ago

Jason Spezza is a healthy scratch for today's game. Coach's decision. #DALvsBOS

Did anyone win this trade? He was a point a game player for the Sens and performed GREAT in the 07 playoff run till he ran into the Ducks literally. But the Sens sure didn't get anything back that was worth anything.

He wanted to leave. Got tired of everyone sh**ing on him for everything that was wrong with the Sens. Murray sent him to Dallas more as a favour than trade. Unfortunately we gave up a first line centre for guys that didn't work out. We have never been able to find a top line centre to replace him.

Well Murray wanted to send him to Nashville for a 1st and Hornqvist, but Spezza nixed it.  His NTC was what killed any chance of a good deal, ala Heatley.

Jedi Master
Date:

Saw a note on twitter today that Chris Wideman is still hoping to return this year.... made me think 2 things that are oddly contradictory.... first... I didn't realize his injury was quite that bad... and second that I actually kind of forgot about him.

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Spezza looked good up until this year tbh. When I went to the Dallas game he really slowed down a lot. The past few years though he'd been a decent second-line centreman and they used him on the pp sometime but really he had maybe 2 good years after his trade? (As someone who stalk- I mean has watched him intently)

Yeah, he slowed down quite a bit over the last few years.  To be fair, though... he's not young any more, and he had a lot of injury issues early in his career that are probably catching up with him now.

He still has the flash and crazy skills that come out once in awhile, but he's not the same player now.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Should Dorion try to sign him?wink

Image may contain: 2 people, people playing sports and text

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

@DallasStars
47m47 minutes ago

Did anyone win this trade? He was a point a game player for the Sens and performed GREAT in the 07 playoff run till he ran into the Ducks literally. But the Sens sure didn't get anything back that was worth anything.

He wanted to leave. Got tired of everyone sh**ing on him for everything that was wrong with the Sens. Murray sent him to Dallas more as a favour than trade. Unfortunately we gave up a first line centre for guys that didn't work out. We have never been able to find a top line centre to replace him.

Alumni
Date:

Spezza looked good up until this year tbh. When I went to the Dallas game he really slowed down a lot. The past few years though he'd been a decent second-line centreman and they used him on the pp sometime but really he had maybe 2 good years after his trade? (As someone who stalk- I mean has watched him intently)

Confident Fan
Date:

I still remember in playoffs in 03 when he was trying to force his way into the lineup and Martin was balking, Russell and Homer and Senior was Spezza ready then? Will he have a day when he retires in Ottawa?

Confident Fan
Date:

@DallasStars
47m47 minutes ago

Jedi Master
Date:

Yeah, Karlsson was the "sexy" pick for the league, not the right pick.

And I would certainly rather he take the extra time off... if he's going to use it responsibly and work on healing up.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Should EK play in the all star game or rest. I'd prefer he rested up. If anyone, Stone should be the one going to the game.

« First  <  Page 99  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.