Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

tjlincoln wrote:

Ryan Reynolds will be so good for Ottawa. Finally saw who he is, he’s the Wrexham fùtbol club owner and all cameras 🎥 are on him as his club plays. He looks like he could be an actor 🤷🏼‍♂️  I know he‘s an actor but before the Ottawa interest I had never heard of him 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Sunday 29th of January 2023 01:43:35 PM

You've never seen Deadpool?

Alumni
Date:

Giroux named NHL 1st star of the week. 

Greig: " you're welcome."

Confident Fan
Date:

Ryan Reynolds will be so good for Ottawa. Finally saw who he is, he’s the Wrexham fùtbol club owner and all cameras 🎥 are on him as his club plays. He looks like he could be an actor 🤷🏼‍♂️  I know he‘s an actor but before the Ottawa interest I had never heard of him 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Sunday 29th of January 2023 01:43:35 PM

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

The Athletic is reporting on a podcast that Barry Trotz is recharged and ready to look at coaching jobs.

Sell this team and HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!!!

Anyone else think he’d be a good idea?

he's exactly what the sens need. 

Confident Fan
Date:

The Athletic is reporting on a podcast that Barry Trotz is recharged and ready to look at coaching jobs.

Sell this team and HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!!!

Anyone else think he’d be a good idea?

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

And just like that, Norris is out for the season. shoulder surgery. Good night, nurse. 

"Tried, did his best to join the boys but re-injured it in the third just reaching," Smith said

How can he get cleared to play, if he was able re-injure it so easily after just a couple games?

Given how the original injury happened on a faceoff, it probably wasn't 100% to start with. 

all we have left now is the bingo,.

Complete crap 💩 show  

Hey, I worked hard on those bingo cards. ;)

lol 😂  Ridley Greig is coming up, Belleville is just as bad as Ottawa so his development down there has been stunted. If Ottawa and Belleville both suck Dorian should never be allowed to make anymore moves until the sale happens 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

And just like that, Norris is out for the season. shoulder surgery. Good night, nurse. 

"Tried, did his best to join the boys but re-injured it in the third just reaching," Smith said

How can he get cleared to play, if he was able re-injure it so easily after just a couple games?

Given how the original injury happened on a faceoff, it probably wasn't 100% to start with. 

Complete crap 💩 show  

Hey, I worked hard on those bingo cards. ;)

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

Complete crap 💩 show  

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Had a thunk today. Trotz basically said he wanted to coach T.O., but!!! With new ownwership, including RR, lots of new money, making Ottawa the shiny new thing, getting lots of attn, maybe this situation is much more attractive to him now. 

Trotz would be a fantastic addition, it would also mean a new GM is in place. When these new owners come into place they need to clean everyone out in management. 6 years of tearing down and rebuilding and still in bottom 10 is pretty lousy 

Alumni
Date:

#Sens when trailing after 2 periods:

This season: 1-19-2

DJ Smith Era: 8-100-11

8 wins are the fewest in NHL over than span (excl. SEA)

Alumni
Date:

Had a thunk today. Trotz basically said he wanted to coach T.O., but!!! With new ownwership, including RR, lots of new money, making Ottawa the shiny new thing, getting lots of attn, maybe this situation is much more attractive to him now. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

This is a pretty wild stat...

$2.5B: LA Angels ⚾️
$4.1B: Liverpool FC ⚽️
$1.9B: Pheonix Suns 🏀
$2.2B: Wash Nationals ⚾️
$655M: Ottawa Senators 🏒
$4.7B: Manchester United ⚽️
$4.8B: Wash Commanders 🏈

$21B worth of pro teams is up for sale currently.

Maybe BBC Alex will buy Man U.  

Phoenix Suns 🏀 is selling for 4 billion that was a pretty low estimate above 

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub…..SIGNED! 4yr x $4.6M

LIKE 👍

Alumni
Date:

so, my thought. If the sens  muddle along at .500 the rest of the way, do they bring back DJ for another year? or is 4 years of slow starts costing them the playoffs enough? In my opinion, they would have to destroy it from now to the end of the season to justify another year of him as coach. 

Alumni
Date:

Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub…..SIGNED! 4yr x $4.6M

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

From https://theathletic.com/3765583/2022/11/11/daniel-alfredsson-ottawa-senator-hall-of-fame/

About Alfredsson's mom's passing... Wow... 

Hasse will be attending Daniel’s Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Toronto. Margareta died in January 2021.

She woke up on Christmas morning in 2020 with difficulty breathing and was diagnosed with COVID-19. On the morning of Jan. 7, 2021, doctors informed the Alfredsson family that Margareta would not recover and they should plan to say their goodbyes.

Daniel and Henric were unable to be there in person because of travel restrictions that kept them in Ottawa. So on their mother’s final day, they joined a FaceTime call with Hasse and their sister, Cecilia, who were only able to enter Margareta’s hospital room by wearing heavy PPE.

“There was a lot of laughing and crying,” Henric says of that final conversation.

Daniel and Henric remained on the FaceTime call as they removed Margareta from life support. A few minutes later, Henric looked at the clock, which read 11:18 a.m. in Ottawa.

“So I asked the doctor over the video, ‘Excuse me. Can you tell me what the official time of death was?” says Henric. “And he said to me, it was 17:11.”

Given the six-hour time difference, their mom’s time of death was 11:11 a.m. in Ottawa. For years, Ottawa fans chanted Alfredsson’s name each time the scoreboard clock read 11:11 at Canadian Tire Centre.

“I can guarantee you the doctor had no clue that was Daniel Alfredsson’s mom,” Henric says. “He’s not thinking, ‘I’m going to write down the time of death as 11:11 Ottawa time because it’s a feel-good story.”

Daniel says the timing is just “coincidence.”

“I’m not that person who believes in those signs,” he says. “But you do wonder.”

Henric disagrees. “I’m not religious, but I believe in signs. And that was not a coincidence for me,” he says. “I think it was my mom’s way of sending us a little message. Now, every day when I look at my phone and if I see 11:11, I think of my mom.”

wow. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

This is a pretty wild stat...

$2.5B: LA Angels ⚾️
$4.1B: Liverpool FC ⚽️
$1.9B: Pheonix Suns 🏀
$2.2B: Wash Nationals ⚾️
$655M: Ottawa Senators 🏒
$4.7B: Manchester United ⚽️
$4.8B: Wash Commanders 🏈

$21B worth of pro teams is up for sale currently.

Maybe BBC Alex will buy Man U.  

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.