Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:

sens sign del Zotto.

two Dmen but not the impact one I am waiting for. They may be going with the band-aid approach until the youngens are ready. 

Going cheap as possible again. So tired of the Sens announcing trade involving players I've never heard of.

Del Zotto was in Erik Karlsson draft and I saw a few outlets had the Sens taking him all the way back then. Holden or Holder I never heard of. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:

sens sign del Zotto.

two Dmen but not the impact one I am waiting for. They may be going with the band-aid approach until the youngens are ready. 

Going cheap as possible again. So tired of the Sens announcing trade involving players I've never heard of.

Alumni
Date:

sens sign del Zotto.

Jedi Master
Date:

I'm fairly meh on this. Shuffling pieces. I don't expect them to do much today, unfortunately.

Alumni
Date:

Sens trade dadanov to Vegas for Dman Holden and a third. That they got anything for Dadanov's contract is a win. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Forwards: 1) Brady Tkachuk; 2) Drake Batherson; 3) Connor Brown; 4) Nick Paul; 5) Colin White; 6) Logan Brown; and Vitaly Abramov.

Defencemen: 1) Thomas Chabot; 2) Victor Mete; 3) Josh Brown

Goaltender: Filip Gustavsson

One man's protection list for Seattle Kraken, as you can see if you're team is protecting Logan Brown and Vitaly Abramov along with Josh Brown. Ottawa is losing nothing of consequence at all. Honestly if you're the Kraken what's there even to take that could possibly be any type of contributor? The young Goalies? They won't be on Seattle roster, they'll have a billion Goalies to choose from.

Don’t bother with Abromov — he is gone to the KHL, unfortunately. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Pierre McGuire hired to Sens front office. Thoughts?

I've listened to him on the morning show there in Ottawa for over a decade each morning he's on. I like him immensely as a human being. He's been a huge advocate of what Ottawa's been doing over the past 2-3 seasons in player accruement. I thought it was something that he really never directly was critical of Melnyk and now it's clear. He knows hockey way more than most and he's obviously not perfect, he makes mistakes like every other human, except Trump obviously. I'm going to miss him on the podcasts and good luck to him. 

Canuck posted an old SU interview with Pierre on the podcast page of this site. Brought back a lot of memories. 

It was a great interview, I now listen to podcasts at 1.75 or 2.0 speed and it was different than I remember. 🤣 I completely forgot he would come on yearly. It was nice hearing all you’re voices again even if speeded up 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 13th of July 2021 12:01:17 AM

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

I've listened to him on the morning show there in Ottawa for over a decade each morning he's on. I like him immensely as a human being. He's been a huge advocate of what Ottawa's been doing over the past 2-3 seasons in player accruement. I thought it was something that he really never directly was critical of Melnyk and now it's clear. He knows hockey way more than most and he's obviously not perfect, he makes mistakes like every other human, except Trump obviously. I'm going to miss him on the podcasts and good luck to him. 

Canuck posted an old SU interview with Pierre on the podcast page of this site. Brought back a lot of memories. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Hockey 🏒 players are insane

Jeff Petry says his bloodshot eyes in the playoffs were a result of him passing out when doctors reset his broken pinky finger. It resulted in the blood vessels in his eyes popping.

Confident Fan
Date:

Forwards: 1) Brady Tkachuk; 2) Drake Batherson; 3) Connor Brown; 4) Nick Paul; 5) Colin White; 6) Logan Brown; and Vitaly Abramov.

Defencemen: 1) Thomas Chabot; 2) Victor Mete; 3) Josh Brown

Goaltender: Filip Gustavsson

One man's protection list for Seattle Kraken, as you can see if you're team is protecting Logan Brown and Vitaly Abramov along with Josh Brown. Ottawa is losing nothing of consequence at all. Honestly if you're the Kraken what's there even to take that could possibly be any type of contributor? The young Goalies? They won't be on Seattle roster, they'll have a billion Goalies to choose from.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Homer wrote:

How cool is this. 

Local kids showing their appreciation of Tim Stützle’s 1st ever hat-trick

https://twitter.com/PositiveSensFan/status/1391908444085628940?s=20

Another angle

twss.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

How cool is this. 

Another angle

https://twitter.com/andymorrisey/status/1391874905797537799?s=20

Alumni
Date:

How cool is this. 

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

SNES sign Anton Forsberg to a 1 year extension. I’m good with it, but how the rest of the goalies flesh out the spots in Ottawa/Belleville will be interesting. Has there been any word about if there will be a “taxi squad” next season?

I think it pretty much means they are planning to lose a goalie to the expansion draft.

Maybe by some miracle they take Murray and Forsberg is the veteran backup needed for the younger prospects.  But likely one of Gus or Daccord is gone.

So

Murray

Forsberg

Gus/Daccord

Mandolese

Søgaard

Where does Hogballs fit into all this? Is he available to Seattle? 

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

SNES sign Anton Forsberg to a 1 year extension. I’m good with it, but how the rest of the goalies flesh out the spots in Ottawa/Belleville will be interesting. Has there been any word about if there will be a “taxi squad” next season?

I think it pretty much means they are planning to lose a goalie to the expansion draft.

Maybe by some miracle they take Murray and Forsberg is the veteran backup needed for the younger prospects.  But likely one of Gus or Daccord is gone.

So

Murray

Forsberg

Gus/Daccord

Mandolese

Søgaard

Alumni
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Chabot and Brown done for the season.

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-d-thomas-chabot-likely-done-for-season-1.1634398

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

The new ESPN and TNT 🧨 contracts here in the US should be paying each of the 32 clubs appx. according to my math 19.5 million each season. I obviously could be wrong. There’s Rogers and their 5.2 Billion 12 year deal and I believe Ottawa has its own TSN contract. Hopefully this all means more and more money to spend on players. Only downside is Melnyk might actually make money and have no incentive to ever sell

Time to cash out once the Seattle money is in.  Valuation of the the team only goes up with the new tv deal.

The streaming options with exclusive games split between the contracts and no NHLtv is going to be a PITA to figure out.

« First  <  Page 2  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.